May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Hi,
Does anybody know what the correct boost pressure should be on a 1996 Peugeot boxer 2.5 td Please.

I have looked on google and I have found 1 answer of 1 Bar, does this sound about right?

I had a seized waste gate and the actuator rod was bent, so all freed off now and the rod straightened, just wondered what to set it at.

Thanks (y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi,
Does anybody know what the correct boost pressure should be on a 1996 Peugeot boxer 2.5 td Please.

I have looked on google and I have found 1 answer of 1 Bar, does this sound about right?

I had a seized waste gate and the actuator rod was bent, so all freed off now and the rod straightened, just wondered what to set it at.

Thanks (y)

Typical boost pressure could vary from 5/6 psi up to 15 depending on engine speed and load..
That figure could rise to nearer 28psi max boost on a tuned/mapped engine I think..
I think my max pressure on a Ford 2.4 tdci is in the region of 1.4 bar but it's a while since I played about with the torque app which displays the boost pressure as you drive..
Ta andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Typical boost pressure could vary from 5/6 psi up to 15 depending on engine speed and load..
That figure could rise to nearer 28psi max boost on a tuned/mapped engine I think..
I think my max pressure on a Ford 2.4 tdci is in the region of 1.4 bar but it's a while since I played about with the torque app which displays the boost pressure as you drive..
Ta andy
Dont forget though....this is an old school, mechanical injection engine...not a modern common rail computer controlled jobby.

OP
OP
bartiny

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Ta andy

Cheers Andy, I think my set up is a bit more basic than yours, its a mechanical diaphragm that works off the pressure build up in the turbo, once set, thats it, the waste gate starts to open at the set pressure, so I assume that the pressure does not go above the preset pressure :unsure: But not 100% on that.
(y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Cheers Andy, I think my set up is a bit more basic than yours, its a mechanical diaphragm that works off the pressure build up in the turbo, once set, thats it, the waste gate starts to open at the set pressure, so I assume that the pressure does not go above the preset pressure :unsure: But not 100% on that.

(y)
Yea think I get it.. :) you need to set a max boost pressure ie the pressure your waste gate opens at..
My old tranny wasn't turbo and present one has a variable vane set up which is what @pappajohn was reminding me of....well hope you get there.
Ta andy

OP
OP
bartiny

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
I have set it at 15 psi, took it for a run round 10 mls, All seems ok, just wondered if a couple of psi either way would make much difference?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
If she is running well with no excess smoke then don't see any benefit in increasing it unless you alter the fuelling as well..
Hope that's a result ..and mot emissions are okay. ..but it sounds like it's easily altered.
Ta Andy.

OP
OP
bartiny

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
If she is running well with no excess smoke then don't see any benefit in increasing it unless you alter the fuelling as well..
Hope that's a result ..and mot emissions are okay. ..but it sounds like it's easily altered.
Ta Andy.

Yep easily altered, lock nut threaded bar, just a PITA to get to:LOL:(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back