Haha......enough of your tiny tablets! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Yup! it is......... and as a result it will take all the others to the cleaners :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Matter of opinion, and certainly not mine. They suit most people that don't want to do anything too taxing though.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Fantastic!!!!!!, definitely got to be the end of Laptops now. (Probably even Apples own iMac)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
It would be better if it ran OSX rather than iOS, and so be a true portable computer.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's still an Ipad though. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole (as they say)

Perfect example marketing over substance for the gullible..IPad a heavy, expensive joke

there was an article recently where some jokers introduced THE new Apple IOS for testing on an Apple device. The reviewers raved about it!! ended up with egg on their faces when it was revealed it was stock android that they had managed to install on apple device:rolleyes:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Why would you choose one over a Macbook Air which will be about the same price. Jury's out for me on that, I seriously don't think we need bigger tablets.

Far to sensible..what are you thinking!:D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Fantastic!!!!!!, definitely got to be the end of Laptops now. (Probably even Apples own iMac)

The iMac isn't a laptop o_O I don't care how good the iPad is, you can't replace a 27 inch display with a 12 inch one.

I'm just about to order a new iMac for work. I've been thinking about it for a while but was in an Apple store yesterday and saw what the new 5K retina display it has actually looks like and I'm sold! I'd be buying one even if I didn't need it!

The iPad Pro will just have the same standard Retina display as MacBooks which is still amazing but the 5K one is on a completely different level.

I can't see it replacing my MacBook Pro anytime soon, especially as it's only going to be running a new flavour of iOS, not OS X

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Why would you choose one over a Macbook Air which will be about the same price. Jury's out for me on that, I seriously don't think we need bigger tablets.

I have an iPad IOS 8.4.1, I also have a recent iMac desktop with OS X Yosemite, I much prefer the IOS with my Bluetooth Keyboard. (Apps are far cheaper as well) but there again I don't want anything too taxing;)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
yep it is!

Only if you have nothing to compare it with. Unfortunately Microsoft monopolised the personal computer market despite it's operating system being the worst piece of sh*te ever invented. If you're technically competent there are so many other (better) operating systems out there (including OSX) but Mr and Mrs Average are stuck with Windows and simply have to get used to its inadequacies.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
The iMac isn't a laptop o_O I don't care how good the iPad is, you can't replace a 27 inch display with a 12 inch one.

I'm just about to order a new iMac for work. I've been thinking about it for a while but was in an Apple store yesterday and saw what the new 5K retina display it has actually looks like and I'm sold! I'd be buying one even if I didn't need it!

The iPad Pro will just have the same standard Retina display as MacBooks which is still amazing but the 5K one is on a completely different level.

I can't see it replacing my MacBook Pro anytime soon, especially as it's only going to be running a new flavour of iOS, not OS X

My mistake Nic, I meant MacBook, not iMac, I was comparing a 13" iPad with other laptops, including the MacBook.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Jury's not out for me. As you say we don't need bigger tablets and I think a 13" screen is going make it too big to be easily used as a portable tablet. Also I would choose OS X over iOS given the chance for anything other than playing around.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Only if you have nothing to compare it with. Unfortunately Microsoft monopolised the personal computer market despite it's operating system being the worst piece of sh*te ever invented. If you're technically competent there are so many other (better) operating systems out there (including OSX) but Mr and Mrs Average are stuck with Windows and simply have to get used to its inadequacies.

absolute cobblers

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well that says to me that I am either Mr or Mrs Average and that you Mr poohbear ARE so technically superior that you have discovered and covet other (better) OSystems or are we just dealing with your opinion here.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't know anyone that has used either any version of Apple OS, or any version of Linux and still prefers Windows for anything other than looking out of. Personally I've used all three and I would say I much prefer OS X out of all of them followed by whichever Linux distro I used last (memory fails me at present.)

It wouldn't be so bad if Microsoft made sure each new version worked properly before inflicting it on people.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

I have used both so can compare and am very technically competent with computers.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp

I've just bought a 27 inch iMac from the apple refurb store, late 2014 model and in as new condition.
As you say, the 5k Retina screen is stunning.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Well that says to me that I am either Mr or Mrs Average and that you Mr poohbear ARE so technically superior that you have discovered and covet other (better) OSystems or are we just dealing with your opinion here.

It's nothing to do with being technically superior, it is the mere fact that if you go to PC World or wherever people buy computers from you get Windows whether you like it or not. OSX, Linux, even Android (yes there is now a computer OS too) are far superior to Windows i.e. faster, less buggy, use less resources. Have you ever wondered why you have to buy a new PC every few years despite the fact that the programs you actually use have hardly changed and every time you install a new windows operating system, your machine slows down, that's not a coincidence :)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
It's still an Ipad though. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole (as they say)
Really? you have so much to say about all this.............. so what is your choice of 'puter then?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I don't know anyone that has used either any version of Apple OS, or any version of Linux and still prefers Windows for anything other than looking out of. Personally I've used all three and I would say I much prefer OS X out of all of them followed by whichever Linux distro I used last (memory fails me at present.)

It wouldn't be so bad if Microsoft made sure each new version worked properly before inflicting it on people.

I look forward to meeting you then. OS X is a poor substitute for a decent operating system and every Linux distro I have ever used has been awkward and buggy.

Windows isn't perfect but for most people it works and is intuitive.. that's all an OS should be.

Personally I prefer Chrome OS but my needs are different.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

You do now!

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I've no axe to grind

Apple worked for me

Microsoft didn't

Then I'm I'm not computer literate
So I used the KISS idea and bought an apple
After using daughters Mac book
Well I say I bought it Mrs T did
:wink:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I have an Asus Transformer with Win.10, a MacBook Pro with OS x, an iPad and iPhone with IOS, and a super smart watch running Android.

They all work, but some better than others.

If you use decent hardware, and not cheap junk then you can judge.

IMHO, OS X is the outright winner, followed by IOS and then Win 10, Android coming a poor last.

People use what they have, so if they bought Samsung for example, they use Android and they will defend that which they spent shed loads of money on. If you didn't spend shed loads then you've only yourself to blame. "Good no cheap, cheap no good"

IMO OS X and then IOS are light years ahead of the rest.

I have used Linux, but not to any great extent, so can't really comment on it.

:cooler:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Back to the new iPad Pro, as far as I'm aware, you will be able to get one with a built in sim chip, something that Apple threatened to do with the iPhone a couple of years ago.
This had the network providers worried when it was muted back then.
This is a huge game changer and they know it.

:cooler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back