Security locks (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Is there a lock for habitation doors that fits over existing handle/lock on the inside? We have a Majestic 175 which is two years old?

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
I've got one of these, works well

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Yes I did, they supply templates and you have to drill through the wall, but it was quite straightforward

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes I did, they supply templates and you have to drill through the wall, but it was quite straightforward
I fitted some Milenco locks from John Cross on the doors of our PVC. These had to be located pretty accurately and a useful tip is to only drill one hole first, fit the lock with just one screw and if it is in the correct position drill the other holes using the lock as a drill guide.

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
. On our previous Rapido we got locked out with the keys in the ignition but it took seconds to get through a window. I take the view that whatever precautions you take to thwart the pond life there will always be a way for them to break in as they don’t care how much damage they do. I work on the assumption that a van left unattended is a potential target so I try to bare that in mind when I choose where to park but life is too short to worry about it too much.:)

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
You could fit lock-m-out window catches, makes them very hard to open, but I agree if a thief is going to smash a window there's no protection

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back