LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just crossed over the border from Czech Republic where camping just outside Prague was €12.80 ACSI price plus tax, electric included water dump showers all included, nice place to wash up inside and cooker/hot plate and tables for campers to use.

We are now about 10 miles into Germany and on a site to go somewhere specific tomorrow. Camping is €21.5 plus electric at €2 showers are €0.65 for two minutes, just asked where the cassette dump point is and she says the machine is there put €0.5 in the slot to open the valve, as I said welcome to Germany.

OH and the bloody WiFi is €2 for 24 hours.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes we could have gone to another site and the Stellplatz are too far away to cycle to where we want to go to tomorrow, we are here now and booked in so just having a winge.

Might not stay long though.

Martin

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
You need one of these, get in for free:whistle:

image.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just crossed over the border from Czech Republic where camping just outside Prague was €12.80 ACSI price plus tax, electric included water dump showers all included, nice place to wash up inside and cooker/hot plate and tables for campers to use.

We are now about 10 miles into Germany and on a site to go somewhere specific tomorrow. Camping is €21.5 plus electric at €2 showers are €0.65 for two minutes, just asked where the cassette dump point is and she says the machine is there put €0.5 in the slot to open the valve, as I said welcome to Germany.

Martin
That does seem a bit extreme. Do they give you a bin to carry all the coins you need to make anything in the site work?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Martin

We had the same problem in Germany last week there was a Stellplatz near by but it was constantly full. Always leave Germany feeling I've been robbed. Lovely country fabulous towns but horrible traffic jams expensive campsites and dour bloody Germans.
Exact opposite of Italy always leave with a sad heart wishing I could stay longer.
Currently in Croatia blimey this place is mega cheap and fantastic weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We had the same problem in Germany last week there was a Stellplatz near by but it was constantly full. Always leave Germany feeling I've been robbed. Lovely country fabulous towns but horrible traffic jams expensive campsites and dour bloody Germans.
Exact opposite of Italy always leave with a sad heart wishing I could stay longer.
Currently in Croatia blimey this place is mega cheap and fantastic weather.
Here is another for you £10 family run with a little restaurant
And a very nice beach

Dropped pin
near Camping Ciste, 21333, Drvenik, Croatia
http://goo.gl/maps/oj8Fi

image.jpg

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Here is another for you £10 family run with a little restaurant
And a very nice beach

Dropped pin
near Camping Ciste, 21333, Drvenik, Croatia
http://goo.gl/maps/oj8Fi

View attachment 75075
Thanks guys.
Someone recommended camping skver at senj did you try that one? Apparently vans parked almost on beach, moving south tomorrow so we'll check it out.
Gave up on Risnjak rode up there yesterday on the motorbike took over an hour constantly climbing and it was bloody freezing up there.
So the south coast road it is now until we head inland to Plitvice.
Isn't the weather fantastic.

Reactions: f6c

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi Rory has the weather been good all the way. Off Friday no plans just to follow the Sun

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Rory has the weather been good all the way. Off Friday no plans just to follow the Sun

No mate the weather in Germany and Austria was horrendous torrential rain and thunder storms. Didn't improve yntil we crossed the mountains.
In the van or on the bike?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Get the bike down to Croatia some fantastic mountain roads, hundreds of bikes down here from all over Europe.
We had a great day yesterday on the Kawasaki in the mountains just had the wrong gear on and got cold.

Reactions: f6c

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Germany's the only country I've been to so far where they charge you to empty the bog cassette. I suppose there's a certain teutonic logic to it, but it niggles all the same.

Feb 4, 2016
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
Germany's the only country I've been to so far where they charge you to empty the bog cassette. I suppose there's a certain teutonic logic to it, but it niggles all the same.
I saw one of those cassette machines at a site in Cumbria. Are there many around now.?....never seen one before.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I saw one of those cassette machines at a site in Cumbria. Are there many around now.?....never seen one before.
I've seen a few "machines" in Europe, but never one which charged for its services. They were just part of the site facilities so all in the price. :)

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
There’s one at Conciege Camping near Chichester, but the rest of their facilities are 5 star, exceptional. Rain showers, slab sinks, piped music and underfloor heating, real luxury. But the toilet cassette machine is £2

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

We came across one in Scotland, which was £2, it emptied, cleaned and put chemical and water back into it ready for use again

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
But I do not Want it filled with that liquid, what then?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I would hope that they would retain the DIY option :D

Martin
Would that DIY method involve a spade and hole diggin, just thinkin ;)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Your German welcome pack should have informed you that you need to be on a Stellplatz by 16:00 at the very latest on a weekday to get a space. Much earlier on weekends and holidays and even earlier if you want any sulphury coal generated most expensive in Europe ......Strom.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Would that DIY method involve a spade and hole diggin, just thinkin ;)
No No just a sewer drain and a tap no smelly chemicals and no £2, but Inwouldnt tell the financial director about the "no £2" so I would pocket that(y)

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
we have come across a few Borns in France where you have to pay to empty.

Your German welcome pack should have informed you that you need to be on a Stellplatz by 16:00 at the very latest on a weekday to get a space. Much earlier on weekends and holidays and even earlier if you want any sulphury coal generated most expensive in Europe ......Strom.
Never had that problem often been the only one on a Stellplatz.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have come across the odd loo emptying machine (free) but have never used one as there is usually a 'manual' emptying facility as well. Wouldn't approve of one that put unsuitable chemicals in and particularly not water, totally unnecessary and just fills it up quicker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back