Your Signature (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I'm learning a lot through the little texts you put in your signatures.
I certainly learn many more English colloquial expressions that way, but I also learn a little bit of the funsters who give away a bit of themselves by delivering some sort of philosophical message.
Quite a few are motorhome related, others are just part of your way of thinking or acting in your everyday life.

Mine comes from the Saint Exupery's book "The Little Prince" , and the translation (What is essential is not visible with the eye, one sees clearly only with the heart) sounds a bit like a Shakespeare's sentence coming from his"Midsummer Night'sDream" Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind".

I've chosen it because when I was 15 years old , I happened to judge someone without knowing her. She was a youngster, and she was walking in a very royal way. I thought she was far too posh for me. But I finally met her, and found out how wrong I was. Since then, I really try to never judge anyone without having actually spent some time with that person!

What part of your life made you choose yours, and if you haven't any yet, which one would match best with your personality?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Mine says: Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due.
I used to be a project manager and as such liked to plan everything, make copious lists and spreadsheets and be prepared for any eventuality. When we first got a motorhome we knew nothing so all I did was worry about what could go wrong and spent hours on this forum reading about other peoples problems. Our first trip within a few weeks of getting our first motorhome was to drive to Crete! To say I was nervous and worried was an understatement. As it turned out the only thing that went wrong was that the oven door fell off (I hadn't prepared for this eventuality) and we had a fabulous trip. I don't worry (so much) any more. :)

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I guess it would be: "Carpe Diem". I spent many years planning for the "rainy day". Probably spent more time planning than doing, as I get older mortality is becoming more relevant so I now spend each day enjoying it to the best of my ability.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I can't claim 'ownership' of mine.
It was given to me by by Son No.2.
Don't know where he got it from. Yes I know I could Google it.

Late entry.

Where's my Signature gone???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've got them switched off, maybe I'll switch them back on for a read after this thanks Frankie

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Mine is "Why not" which I reckon sums up a lot of peoples thinking when they reach a certain age.

We are lucky, after working hard, to be able to enjoy that train of thought earlier in life than expected.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Mine says: Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due.
I used to be a project manager and as such liked to plan everything, make copious lists and spreadsheets and be prepared for any eventuality. When we first got a motorhome we knew nothing so all I did was worry about what could go wrong and spent hours on this forum reading about other peoples problems. Our first trip within a few weeks of getting our first motorhome was to drive to Crete! To say I was nervous and worried was an understatement. As it turned out the only thing that went wrong was that the oven door fell off (I hadn't prepared for this eventuality) and we had a fabulous trip. I don't worry (so much) any more. :)

Worry is like a ROCKING HORSE,,it gives you something to do BUT gets you nowhere,,,,,,,BUSBY.:):):)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
.....................Ain't no pockets in a shroud........Was what my Father always said to my thrifty Mother and I remind myself of it often.

............................Often, the journey is as rewarding as the destination......... This is my life; I wouldn't change a thing

....................................Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.......and this is for all those who advise or tell another how something should be done, don't make the same mistakes that I made sort of advice but so much about judgement needs to be experienced and in experiencing anything, mistakes will be made just make sure you learn from them.

Thanks Frankie, you just perked up my day..........

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Mine came from a Ukulele forum and summed up how I feel about enjoying ukulele while not being very good. :LOL:
They are all self explanatory really. 2nd one is a Wiccan thing about the shortness of our lives and there being so much to learn during them.
3rd is a cynical look at me.:)

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Mine is simply a play on the Old Audi Advert - Vorsprung duck technique...........

David
Dux Deluxe

Half baked Duck Tactics, as the Germans say

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Mine came about after my late husband died .....it was a quote shown to me and was very apt at the time for me...it was a difficult time and I wasn't sure if I could carry on with the motorhome but I tried it was very hard at first but it got easier.
Through losing David I realised that life is precious and you should live every day because none of us are promised a tomorrow and that is the second part of my signature.
Since then I have met a wonderful man Max who I now share my life with and my life is good again.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Mine came about after my late husband died .....it was a quote shown to me and was very apt at the time for me...it was a difficult time and I wasn't sure if I could carry on with the motorhome but I tried it was very hard at first but it got easier.
Through losing David I realised that life is precious and you should live every day because none of us are promised a tomorrow and that is the second part of my signature.
Since then I have met a wonderful man Max who I now share my life with and my life is good again.

No matter how many mistakes you make
Or how slow you progress
You are still way ahead of everyone who isn't even trying.

I really like your first one. It makes me think of all the people who tell us how lucky we are to live the life we have, when in fact there's only a small element of luck, the rest has been taking a risk and working bloomin' hard.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Mine is simply a play on the Old Audi Advert - Vorsprung duck technique...........

David
Dux Deluxe

Half baked Duck Tactics, as the Germans say

A tad puzzled with this one . Must be hiding some double meaning I know nothing about! Can you explain please?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Vorsprung durch teknik -is the Audi slogan -advancement through technology.
I can't explain it-dux deluxe will have to do that :) It's to do with the sound of the phrase,I just can't think of a name for that particular humour,it's very British.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I can't explain it-dux deluxe will have to do that :) It's to do with the sound of the phrase,I just can't think of a name for that particular humour,it's very British.
Yes ....... English humour. Just a play on words, really. Not helped by the deliberate misquote in the explanation, either

My Russian (ex) boss never quite got English humour either. Or indeed any humour at all...........

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I guess it would be: "Carpe Diem". I spent many years planning for the "rainy day". Probably spent more time planning than doing, as I get older mortality is becoming more relevant so I now spend each day enjoying it to the best of my ability.

Since she watched '" Dead Poets Society" it became my daughter's motto

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I'm learning a lot through the little texts you put in your signatures.
I certainly learn many more English colloquial expressions that way, but I also learn a little bit of the funsters who give away a bit of themselves by delivering some sort of philosophical message.
Quite a few are motorhome related, others are just part of your way of thinking or acting in your everyday life.

Mine comes from the Saint Exupery's book "The Little Prince" , and the translation (What is essential is not visible with the eye, one sees clearly only with the heart) sounds a bit like a Shakespeare's sentence coming from his"Midsummer Night'sDream" Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind".

I've chosen it because when I was 15 years old , I happened to judge someone without knowing her. She was a youngster, and she was walking in a very royal way. I thought she was far too posh for me. But I finally met her, and found out how wrong I was. Since then, I really try to never judge anyone without having actually spent some time with that person!

What part of your life made you choose yours, and if you haven't any yet, which one would match best with your personality?

Picasa is a few pictures if you click that link

Well me name is bill
changed by deed poll
couldn't do it when my parents were alive

And I'm never quite sure where I fit into this world
( square peg round hole )

And I am no longer obese just a little cuddly( lost the fat suit )
Skinny exited my fat suit

::bigsmile::party2::blush::rofl::welc::wink:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My three are born and worn out of sheer malice. (y)
The first one is a kick at democracy.
The second is a punch at terrorists.
The third is a message to Gorse Hill, Fast Pat, and many others.........:sneaky::sneaky:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
My signature is purely functional - linking to further info about aires. Yawn.

If I was going to have a quote it would be "Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in his shoes. Then, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes." Attributed to Billy Connolly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back