Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Does anyone have any ideas where to park the van in Kirkcaldy? We're booked into Balbirnie CC site for the next few days as our daughter-in-law has just gone into labour with our first grandchild.
But just wondered if anyone could suggest somewhere suitable to park while we visit the hospital which is in Kirkcaldy.

Bill & Margaret

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You could contact Fife Council for advice but I would also try contacting the hospital and explaining the circumstances.

We once had to use our van for an outpatients appointment at our local hospital (as the car was off the road). I checked with the hospital as I suspected it would not fit in the normal car parks. That was the case but they made arrangements for us to use a different area.

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Graham, many thanks for your message. Daughter-in-law has been in labour since 1.30 am this morning. Our son has said that she could be out of hospital and back home 6 hours after the baby is born:( but I find that hard to believe.

So we might rethink our plans if she's going to be home so quick. Will let you know what we do.

Margaret:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
hope all goes well and quick and relatively pain free for mum. nothing like the feeling of a new baby being born into your family....happy times indeed

Gordon Brown has a house there in Kirkaldy I believe, maybe you could use his driveway as he doesn't drive himself

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I stayed for the night at the car park across the road from the crematorium no problems
if you don mind a 20 min drive there is a place at the swimming pool at leven right next to the river we use and have had no problems

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
hope all goes well and quick and relatively pain free for mum. nothing like the feeling of a new baby being born into your family....happy times indeed

Gordon Brown has a house there in Kirkaldy I believe, maybe you could use his driveway as he doesn't drive himself

Good idea, but I think we've had enough "labour pains" for a long time:LOL:

Daughter-in-law was 21 hours in labour and was eventually taken into the theatre for forceps assistance. Both are recovering well, though we haven't heard from our son today as yet. It appears that it's the hospital's policy is to let Mums home as soon as 6 hours after, providing there's no complications.

I remember when our son and daughter were born I was in for about 5 or 6 days........but could've slept for longer:) Changed days.....

Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back