Very usefull product for fixing things! (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Many months ago I bought a Kilo of this stuff as it intriqued me!
You put some granules in hot water and they 'melt' together to form a sort of plasticine, which can be formed into many shapes or used to build up a broken part.
When it gets cold it turns rock hard, can be re-used time and time again.
Today I noticed the end of a curtain rail had AGAIN pulled out of the wall despite several attempts in the past to wallplug it. Unfortumately behind the plaster is a concrete lintel and it will not drill vey far in so the plug is mainly held by and inch or so of plaster which does not hold plugs very well.
Had a small brainwave, remove plug, ram some of this stuff into the now 'ragged' hole and screw in screw.
Polymer went rock hard, screw is in so tight I cannot turn it any more. job done!
This stuff I think could have many uses in MH's and around the home, well worth buyiing some.
Link Removed
Peter

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Peter you have used this product in an unauthorised manner not included in the list of suggested uses, you have been reported to Polly Filla and the building regulation enforcement dept for sanctions to be taken as deemed fit
<LI class=main>Mini Moulds for casting RTV Silicone in minutes! <LI class=main>Handled caps for screw to bottles and jars for easy opening <LI class=main>Prototyping & Engineering Components <LI class=main>Mounts for RC motor drives and gearboxes <LI class=main>Modelling Animals and General Creativity <LI class=main>Fishing Tackle Rig & Fly Ties <LI class=main>Fast Set Adhesive <LI class=main>Replacement RC Model Parts <LI class=main>Remake Injection Moulded Parts <LI class=main>Repair for Tools & Handles that have broken Wrist and Thumb Supports
Bodging Curtain Rail Mounting screws
My apologies there it is at the bottom:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
P

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Peter you have used this product in an unauthorised manner not included in the list of suggested uses, you have been reported to Polly Filla and the building regulation enforcement dept for sanctions to be taken as deemed fit
<LI class=main>Mini Moulds for casting RTV Silicone in minutes! <LI class=main>Handled caps for screw to bottles and jars for easy opening <LI class=main>Prototyping & Engineering Components <LI class=main>Mounts for RC motor drives and gearboxes <LI class=main>Modelling Animals and General Creativity <LI class=main>Fishing Tackle Rig & Fly Ties <LI class=main>Fast Set Adhesive <LI class=main>Replacement RC Model Parts <LI class=main>Remake Injection Moulded Parts <LI class=main>Repair for Tools & Handles that have broken Wrist and Thumb Supports
Bodging Curtain Rail Mounting screws
My apologies there it is at the bottom:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You can make hand made DUMMIES with this as well Geo:thumb: You had better buy some, actually I think it has many uses!

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting this, I have used epoxy putty in the past for similar jobs (Those window lintels are a b****r aren't they :RollEyes:) Milliput being but one of the brand name.

But this polymorph stuff sounds even better. I have seen it in various catalogues but seemed a bit pricey and being a tight arse and with no immediate need I didn't get any.

Can you tell me what the box says about shelf life 'cos I seem to be throwing a lot of stuff away lately that I haven't used within the prescribed life :Sad: and it's gone all yuky and unuseable.

Just chucked a tin of fibreglass gel away, it was almost solid, mind you it was ten years old :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
P

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi it does not deteriorate, I keep in in an old coffee jar, its waterproof, does not stick to anything, mine must have been in the garage for months.

You dont mix it with anything, just put it in hot water, when it cools, just goes solid, stick it back in hot water, goes pliable and use it again!

Bit pricey but you dont need a lot!

Peter

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Peter, looks very useful.

I did a Google search and found there are quite a few people selling similar stuff on eBay. Maplins have it as well but heck of a sight dearer.

Graham

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Many months ago I bought a Kilo of this stuff as it intriqued me!
You put some granules in hot water and they 'melt' together to form a sort of plasticine, which can be formed into many shapes or used to build up a broken part.
When it gets cold it turns rock hard, can be re-used time and time again.
Today I noticed the end of a curtain rail had AGAIN pulled out of the wall despite several attempts in the past to wallplug it. Unfortumately behind the plaster is a concrete lintel and it will not drill vey far in so the plug is mainly held by and inch or so of plaster which does not hold plugs very well.
Had a small brainwave, remove plug, ram some of this stuff into the now 'ragged' hole and screw in screw.
Polymer went rock hard, screw is in so tight I cannot turn it any more. job done!
This stuff I think could have many uses in MH's and around the home, well worth buyiing some.
Link Removed
Peter
Hi, Peter, hope you don't change your curtains a lot- how are you going to get the b+++++ out again?!!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back