Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Dear All, i need some advice please

I have a 1988 tiffin allegro built on a gmc/chevy light van

the brake lights dont work when pedal pressed, the rest of the lights work

checked all the bulbs, fuses and wires etc

I cant find out about the electrical brake switch, somone said it maybe an inline one?

I live in swindon and so if anyone knows of a chap that could come over and run a test on the wiring. You know an old fashioned chap that know about stuff instead of a very pricey auto electrician more intested in chipping the lasted suburu to 300bhp etc

Any advice would be greatfully accepted as it needs an mot and there no paying for it to fail

Thanks

Allegro 88 - swindon

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Dear All, i need some advice please

I have a 1988 tiffin allegro built on a gmc/chevy light van

the brake lights dont work when pedal pressed, the rest of the lights work

checked all the bulbs, fuses and wires etc

I cant find out about the electrical brake switch, somone said it maybe an inline one?

I live in swindon and so if anyone knows of a chap that could come over and run a test on the wiring. You know an old fashioned chap that know about stuff instead of a very pricey auto electrician more intested in chipping the lasted suburu to 300bhp etc

Any advice would be greatfully accepted as it needs an mot and there no paying for it to fail

Thanks

Allegro 88 - swindon

Hi Allegro 88

Have you checked for voltage at the bulb holders with a multimeter/swapped known good bulbs to the brake lamp sockets.

I personally think it would be more likely to be a fuse blown.Have you visually checked all fuses?

Just a thought.The brake switch isn't mounted above the brake pedal and actuated by a spring is it?

It may have come off.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back