Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Guy and is wife pulled up on pitch next to us yesterday, didn't say hallo or owt, could just tell they didn't want to get in conversation, so this morning was quite surprised, their tuggers by the way, when they said morning, bit later on my wife heard her on the phone saying they were felt safe now and security here was good, this afternoon they spilt the beans, they had been robbed on a service station where he had pulled up for a kip, they were in the caravan next thing they knew they had a torch shining at them, this bit made me laugh under my breath, his wife jumped up and had a pop, thought shit mate that should been you, they got robbed of 1500€ They called the police who couldn't come straight away as they were dealing with another robbery on the same service station, apparently a motohomer had been GASSED, the guy in the Motorhome was at the gendarmerie the same time as the tugger giving info and told the tugger that they laid there could see what was happening but couldn't do anything, but they did see the guy who was robbing them had a canister under his arm don't know how much they got off him 2K is the norm is it not, as title says don't shoot the messenger, this is how it was told too me, what you reckon?

OP
OP
deanroofing

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Who carries that much cash in a caravan or motorhome and doesn't have it locked in a safe?
If l did it would be under my pillow, not in a bag out in the open like theirs was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
There is an excellent place to hide cash in an x250 cab, you need to remove a bit of trim to get to it, but unless you've been shown, you'll never find it, no need for a safe, and I always keep my 1000 euro in there
Er, you still at home??? :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Who carries that much cash in a caravan or motorhome and doesn't have it locked in a safe?
There are more idiots about than you realise, we were on a site in Spain about 15 years ago a Motorhome got robbed woman's handbag stolen had a £1000 quid in it................left if on the table by the window that was open!

Rarely carry more than a couple of hundred Euro & that's split between us.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There are more idiots about than you realise, we were on a site in Spain about 15 years ago a Motorhome got robbed woman's handbag stolen had a £1000 quid in it................left if on the table by the window that was open!

Rarely carry more than a couple of hundred Euro & that's split between us.
As I've said before, we have , as many others have, a prepaid euro card, and never have more than twenty euros in cash in the van, we can use the card anywhere or get cash at any machine, actually , even though they don't know ,that doesn't stop them breaking in but they would probably have more cash on them than us, apart from passports and a couple of old phones there is very little anyone would want out of our van. We travel very light.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I think ALL MH owners should sign the petition I was thinking of starting on the "petition.parliament.uk" called Petition to stop gassing of Motorhomes in the UK and EU. Perhaps it will get more votes than Petition for Aires in the UK.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Anything over 500 euros............ And Judy keeps it stuffed inside her knickers..:Eeek:

After nearly 20 years touring abroad.... never been touched.. :wink::rofl:

Mrs Deluxe keeps hers in her purse. She is from Yorkshire.

Enough said.......

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Anything over 500 euros............ And Judy keeps it stuffed inside her knickers..:Eeek:

After nearly 20 years touring abroad.... never been touched.. :wink::rofl:

But when Its NOT in Judy's knickers ?
bth_SMILEYMONEY-1.gif
:LOL::rofl:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Unlike some of you chappies/chappess, and the VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan, we have been at this lark for only about 12 ishhhh years. Never been robbed, gassed or anything and never met or heard of anyone who has. And we have overnighted in some unusual places. :sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back