Parc Verger (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
We have just had a superb couple of nights at Parc Verger and met the new owners Franc and Lisa. They are a lovely couple and are working very hard to make this lovely site even better. The bureau now has a selection of foods in case you have forgotten something and also a freezer full of ice creams which on Sunday was very welcome as the weather was rather hot, they also had the pool open, bliss.
The weekend was made even more enjoyable as there were other Funsters there so as you can imagine the world was put to rights.
We would like to wish Franc and Lisa all the best for the future. It was also good to meet up, at last, with Steph and Ken, aka munchies, hope you get your motorhome back soon.

Take care everyone
Sue and Steve

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Hello Franc & Lisa ,hope all is going to plan for you , with your enthusiasm and attitude to customer service , I'm sure it is .
We spent 4 nights at PV and enjoyed every minute . Thanks to Steph and Ken , @Munchie ,who were very nice to us and helped us find @laneside ( Alan & Linda ) in their new house .
When we eventually got to Antibes we paid 3 times as much as PV per night and WiFi was 20 Euros a week , not included in the price ! ( we did without ! )

I would recommend anybody going past the Limoges area to call in for a rest at Parc Verger with the new hosts Franc & Lisa

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: Hello Franc & Lisa :smiley: We had our first experience of holidaying in France in August and really got the bug to go back. Usually we spend Christmas and New Year in Cornwall but were thinking of doing something different this year and are looking at travelling down through France to experience something different. We dont want wall to wall sunshine and can put up with a bit of colder weather as long as the scenery is good and we can walk our doggies and have a relaxing time. We've seen photos of Parc Verger at Christmas and New Year and we thought that if we made our way down to you it would be a good way to immerse ourselves in a little french culture on the way and arrive at a site with some friendly faces who can speak english. We always try to speak french (with the help of google translate) but it would be nice to aim for somewhere like your site where we can put our feet up and relax over the festive season. From your website it looks like you are open all year and we wondered if we needed to book early rather than nearer the time we are thinking of setting off. :smiley:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Always nice to make new friends!
Anyone calling here come up to "Chateau Munchie" and say hello we do not bite!
We are in the "naughty corner" furthest from the entrance (so we do not frighten off the new arrivals) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We are in the "naughty corner" furthest from the entrance (so we do not frighten off the new arrivals) :)
I can attest to that, we were made very welcome at both Chateau Munchie and Parc Verger back in June, hope to return in the not too distant future (note to self, bring wine, lots of wine... ;) )

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I always avoid chateau munchie I end up with a hangover and a few extra pounds added to my weigh. Steph brilliant not too fussed about the handyman (oxymoron ) bit of a grumpy old git. Down the road you will find a rather wet Lancastertrians ,lynda is fine but soggy, Hmmmm

Seriously a great site and some great ex pats. You must try the eggs from next door.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I always avoid chateau munchie I end up with a hangover and a few extra pounds added to my weigh. Steph brilliant not too fussed about the handyman (oxymoron ) bit of a grumpy old git. Down the road you will find a rather wet Lancastertrians ,lynda is fine but soggy, Hmmmm

Seriously a great site and some great ex pats. You must try the eggs from next door.

You STILL have not paid the wine bill!!!

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: Are you there over the festive season? :smiley:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Not made up our minds yet. Partly weather dependent, don't mind cold but don't like too much wet n dull.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: We're new to travelingl abroad and I'm doing all the driving so being cautious and only planning on France but if all goes well then we'll head on down to warmer climes after New Year :smiley: Happy Travels :smiley:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We love living within 3 Km of Parc Verger as we keep getting visits from other funsters, ok so we usually have to put up with the Munchies at the same time but hey they are OK

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have just had a superb couple of nights at Parc Verger and met the new owners Franc and Lisa. They are a lovely couple and are working very hard to make this lovely site even better. The bureau now has a selection of foods in case you have forgotten something and also a freezer full of ice creams which on Sunday was very welcome as the weather was rather hot, they also had the pool open, bliss.
The weekend was made even more enjoyable as there were other Funsters there so as you can imagine the world was put to rights.
We would like to wish Franc and Lisa all the best for the future. It was also good to meet up, at last, with Steph and Ken, aka munchies, hope you get your motorhome back soon.

Take care everyone
Sue and Steve

Oi you never came and visited us expats!!!!

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed at Parc Verger for a couple of nights in July and were well impressed by the welcome and friendliness of both Franc and Lisa, and of course the other motorhomers. Would like to wish Franc and Lisa all the very best with their new venture and hope to see you next year. Apologies to Ken and Steph for us not saying "goodbye" when we left.
Ron and Gerri

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Best way seek out , I always push the can out so the old bugger doesn't hear me go and add a late payment charge to my wine bill. Then go as fast as you can,don't stop for anything. Change your SIM. Apply for asylum in Poland and change your name.

Camping Parc Verger

Free Member
Jul 3, 2015
New Owners Of Parc Verger From 1st July 2015
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
over 25 years
Hi to you all
thanks for all the good remarks. in answer to some questions . yes the pool is still open just need more sunshine,

Christmas will be good and i would suggest that if anyone wants to spend the festive season with us at Parc verger then please book. Have just heard that Munchies will be here over christmas as they wont be going to spain now. We have invested in a 4m x 8m party tent and Lisa makes a damn good xmas dinner so the more the merrier.

cheers for now

Franc and Lisa
www.parcverger.com
www.facebook.com/parcverger

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi to you all
thanks for all the good remarks. in answer to some questions . yes the pool is still open just need more sunshine,

Christmas will be good and i would suggest that if anyone wants to spend the festive season with us at Parc verger then please book. Have just heard that Munchies will be here over christmas as they wont be going to spain now. We have invested in a 4m x 8m party tent and Lisa makes a damn good xmas dinner so the more the merrier.

cheers for now

Franc and Lisa
www.parcverger.com
www.facebook.com/parcverger

Oooer does that include the ex customers from down the road?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back