Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
There was post not so long ago about seals around heki rooflights leaking..I can't find it..:Angry:.....My heki has started to leak again despite the wonderful Brownhills 3rd attempt to remedy it (is the Brownhills snitch on line ? if so take note !!!) So , what is the best substance to paint over it that creeps in and around and never dries???...:helpsos::thanks2::thumb:

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
My opinion : remove the Heiki roof, clean it and the MH roof with acetone, use Sikaflex 291 to past it ! Be very generous with sikaflex. Tighten the screw to the max. Smooth the joint which overflows outside with a wet finger .:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
There was post not so long ago about seals around heki rooflights leaking..I can't find it..:Angry:.....My heki has started to leak again despite the wonderful Brownhills 3rd attempt to remedy it (is the Brownhills snitch on line ? if so take note !!!) So , what is the best substance to paint over it that creeps in and around and never dries???...:helpsos::thanks2::thumb:

BUMP !!!!!:Eeek: and bump again :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi,

While since I have posted on the fun forums.
... check it is not any fixing screws in the roof light itself that are leaking and not necessarily frame sealing to roof.. May need new washers under them or just tightened up.
Jon.

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
If you reseal or paint some gloop on, I suggest you use masking tape to do a neater job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back