Can anyone translate 'Jargonese' (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

In the ongoing saga of my (our's when it's working???) 7" Sat Nav;

Last night I sent Navibuzz the following email via Ebay.

I am in receipt of this item that I ordered on the 21st August.
I am having great difficulty in switching the device on and off. The switch for this purpose does not respond except to the most severe pressure (and even then, not immediately).
Please provide an address for this purpose.

Regards

PS Please do not suggest that I take the item to a repair facility. I live in a rural location and I do not have access to such premises.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This morning I awoke to find the below message waiting for me.
I have to say that Navibuzz's Customer Service is quite frankly astonishing.
It says,
"Dear buyer,
Thank for letting us know and pls dont worry, we will help you sort it out soon. if it is really faulty, you can return it back to us under 2 years warranty.
as you said it could turn on but need the most severe pressure and not immediately. For this issue, pls charge the device for 12 hours and reset it to try again. There is a reset hole at the back of the GPS. Please kindly hold it down for about 5 seconds with the touch pen.

After the reset you have to reset the navigation path: Please slide up the main menu to second page, then you will see the navi path icon, click it and you will see the path /ResidentFlash /Primo/igo.exe. please click the button on the right side of the bar, and then click /ResidentFlash,and then PRIMO, and another igo.exe, now you will get back to the bar page, means the settting is done, you can click the back icon on the left top to exit.

Hope this will help you and keep us informed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was alright and understanding everything until the third paragraph. Are they talking about me connecting the unit to the computer or is all that to be done with the unit unconnected. It mentions exe files which I thought was computer speak but I'm disinclined to start a process that I don't understand. The kids tell me that a computer can't be broken. I don't believe them.

Can anyone out there 'Walk me through what they're on about?

Big Thanks in advance

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My opinion....all done on the unit.
Until you actually try you wont know if the said pages are avaiable or not.

If you do cock it up send it back stating you followed their (unclear) instructions.

In my view resetting the system will not cure what appears to be a faulty button pad.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was alright and understanding everything until the third paragraph. Are they talking about me connecting the unit to the computer or is all that to be done with the unit unconnected. It mentions exe files which I thought was computer speak but I'm disinclined to start a process that I don't understand. The kids tell me that a computer can't be broken. I don't believe them.
It's actually fairly simple and you don't do it with the unit connected to the computer.

Your default screen (when you exit from Navigation or on start up if you don't have Navigation set to run automatically) has several program icons (mine has 11) with two buttons at the right.
1. Click on the lower button and it takes you to a second screen with more program icons (mine has 12) one of which is named Navi Path.
2. Click on that button and it will have the Auto Run GPS setting plus the Navigation Path facility, which will point to a location in either ResidentFlash or SDMMC. On the right of that box there is a menu button and pressing it takes you to the options.
3. Click on ResidentFlash and you should see options "back to up level" and "Primo".
4. Click "Primo" and you should see options "back to up level", "content" and "igo.exe".
5. Click on "igo.exe" then OK and it takes you back to the screen at 2 above.
6. Click on the back arrow at the top left then on the upper of the two buttons on the right to take you back to the default screen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks Graham? for making, even to this techno thicky something that arrived as gibberish into instructions even I could follow.
Pappa, notwithstanding the above, I think I'm in your camp believing that the button is duff. However, lets wait (12hrs) and see.
Chris, Behave;). That's what I would have done if this piece of techno wizardry was mechanical.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think they are saying get the back off the unit and have a fiddle around.
It's a piece of precision machinery Chris, not a young lady. You have to approach it with care and finesse, just like you do a Number 8 :D
Thanks Graham? for making, even to this techno thicky something that arrived as gibberish into instructions even I could follow.
Pappa, notwithstanding the above, I think I'm in your camp believing that the button is duff. However, lets wait (12hrs) and see.
Chris, Behave;). That's what I would have done if this piece of techno wizardry was mechanical.
You may well still find the button is duff but at least you'll now how to change the path on a replacement :D

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Here are the results of the 'Numpty' jury. (That's me, for anyone wondering.)

I can hardly believe it but resetting the thing has resulted in a more positive On/Off button.(y)(y)(y)

I wouldn't have believed it had I not felt the difference myself.

Thanks to all contributors.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Here are the results of the 'Numpty' jury. (That's me, for anyone wondering.)

I can hardly believe it but resetting the thing has resulted in a more positive On/Off button.(y)(y)(y)

I wouldn't have believed it had I not felt the difference myself.

Thanks to all contributors.
It's probably the case that the malfunction which required the reset meant that pressing the button wasn't recognised.

Hopefully all will be well from now on :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back