Newark Motor home show (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
What a waste of time, left home 7.45, travelled 40 mile arrived Newark Showground at 8.30, went into show at 9.00, walked round came out at 10.00 back home for 11.00.
Rubbish.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
As we are planning on going there tomorrow with a 90 minute drive to get there could you please be a bit more effusive in why it was rubbish?
Not many stands, not many vehicles, not worth the entry fee.
More detail would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
Mikeco
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Very few stands with motor home related items and I would say a lot less than a quarter of the size of shows such as Malvern or Peterborough if that A few motor homes for sale and also caravans.
Unless you are looking at motor homes then you will take 30 to 40 minutes to walk past the stands. It is the worst show we have ever been to and for £7 each for entry very poor value.
I have even emailed The organisors Morton's and asked for a refund, not that I will get one.

The Lincoln show in two weeks will be far better.

Before we set off this morning I was concerned about getting back for the football but I have time to go and watch it live wherever it is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
A bit like the Stratford show then. Collect £7 at the gate, lay on a show of a few tired vans and a couple of stalls selling candy floss and tat made by the people who supply the gypsies with their pegs and laugh all the way to the bank. Not really sure what these small shows are about, except ripping off the general public?

OP
OP
Mikeco
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Many thanks for the heads up. I think we will stay at home and maybe we'll do Lincoln.
We only live 20 mile from Lincoln but have booked for camping for the weekend.

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
This show as been brill if you would of stayed you would have been more than welcome it's not all about he sellers the evening entertainment as been first class the unofficial marshells first class before you right it off try staying with us for the weekend that what your motorhome is for not just day visits and seeing what you can buy
Then returning home and slagging it of this is motorhome fun come and have fun it's not just for shopping it about getting together with like minded people and having fun

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This show as been brill if you would of stayed you would have been more than welcome it's not all about he sellers the evening entertainment as been first class the unofficial marshells first class before you right it off try staying with us for the weekend that what your motorhome is for not just day visits and seeing what you can buy
Then returning home and slagging it of this is motorhome fun come and have fun it's not just for shopping it about getting together with like minded people and having fun
True but addressing a different point from the OP isn't it? Most shows are sold as two products, one for campers and one for day visitors, both of which are supposed to provide good value.

No doubt those camping will enjoy themselves, just as we did with Fun at the Newark show in spring but that doesn't necessarily count for day visitors (the experience described in the OP is very similar to that which we had at Harrogate last year and was definitely not VFM).

The Stratford show is an absolute bargain for campers but nobody would describe it as good value for day visitors expecting plenty of traders to look at.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
We went saturday as above not really worth going.

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
I usually go to Newark, but last year it was pants!

This year I didn't bother and glad I didn't. Lincoln for me next.

Its a real shame as Newark used to be very good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back