Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
As a follow up to my post yesterday about water pouring out of an overflow pipe, I think I'm now sure the problem is the water dump valve is not closing. I've had a look around to try and find a new one without any luck, any ideas? It's a 1999 Truma C603 model.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is the drain a manual one, as in the diagram, with a yellow top? If it is then it should be closed in either horizontal position. Sometimes (don't ask me why because I don't know) it doesn't close properly but moving it to the other horizontal position closes it successfully.
If it is one of the red automatic valves it should click closed when lifted in current ambient temperatures.
Truma drain.jpg

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
It's the red one and it doesn't seem to close when lifted up. I think I have to buy a new one but I can't locate one anywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Thanks for that. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask if they will ship it to me here in France (you'd be surprised how many British companies won't)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I didn't realise you were in France :)

Our current van has both manual and automatic dump valves fitted but the first one only had the manual one.

If you also have a manual valve I suppose, as a workaround, you might be able to bypass the automatic one. If you don't then perhaps a manual one could be fitted instead. No doubt somebody like @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes would be able to advise you.

Jan 12, 2011
West sussex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 06
If it won't stay closed stick a peg on it , but don't forget to take it off when it gets cold.Dennis

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Have you tried French eBay?
Sorry just looked at date

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
No because I try not to use eBay and my PayPal account is UK based

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Maybe a bit late to suggest this but IIRC the dump valve requires 12v to stay closed. Worth checking. I also had a problem with mine that was simply dirt preventing it closing fully.

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
No it's not too late. I'll give it a try and if it works it will save me having to swap units. Thanks

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
I checked to wiring on the unit and it all seemed ok but using that train of thought I checked the fuses and guess what, the heating fuse was blown. It's a shame I didn't discover that before I ordered the unit, but as I said earlier, at least I won't have to bother changing it. Big thanks to you!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back