Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're sitting here happily planning our slow tour through France and Spain leaving in a couple of weeks. Just noticed that many of the ACSI sites say limit one dog and we have two. Does anyone know if there's a way round this? For instance, we want to go to Vilanova (just south of Barcelona) to catch up with friends but the Vilanova Park campsite says only 1 dog allowed with ACSI.

Deleted User
We stuck with sites that allowed two dogs, we had three with us and sometimes we were charged for a third sometimes not, never attempted a one dog only site as even the ones that say two sometimes charged for the second and third dog, so assumed if they allowed more than one would not have used the f code.
Might be worth contacting some but as there is a clear option to say more than one dog within the ACSI codes if it's an f wouldn't be very hopeful.

Lin :)

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Never had a problem when we had two, especially out of the main season. I guess because they are not supposed to charge for a dog under the ACSI rules, they say that they limit it to one but, I would think an offer to pay for any additional animal would be accepted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
The ACSI regs say one dog is included in the price. Sites can charge for a second dog. This only happened to me once, in Normandy. As I'm the only human, I requested on another site that they include both dogs as my dogs were not going to use the hot water in their showers. Result no charge for 2 nd dog. I didn't tell them about the 2 cats in the van........

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
We travel with two dogs but spent several months with three. We have never had any problem, and not infrequently the site owner did not bother to make a charge for the extra one or two dogs. But make sure you get a quote for the pre return crossing vet visit in advance...some of the vets near the channel ports can take advantage and overcharge.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have two never had a problem as it's always in the low season we just walk them together one for each of us!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back