Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
I turned the water on thinking there was water in the tank but it was empty, so of course, no water came out of the tap! I then filled the tank and tried again. Water came from the cold side but slower than usual, nothing from the hot side. I did discover water running from an overflow pipe when I turned the tap on. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but the gas ran out at the same time. Anyone any ideas?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have you checked the boiler water dump valve as its automatic and may have turned on!

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Wow that was quick! The people I bought it from put a peg on the valve, it's still there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
If it's a yellow pull up one remove the peg and flip it down flat ,then flip with water.
When draining down you pull it up to empty the boiler and allow air in to assist with draining the system.

Vlad

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
It's a black unit with a red plunger on top that moves up and down, the peg keeps it in the up position. I haven't had a problem with it up to now.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Sorry can't help but someone else will I'm sure,make and model may help .

Vlad

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Yes it will be the hot water dump valve . If open water will come out under tne van. I foget to close mine all the time, after drain down.

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
I thought it was that yesterday and tried lifting it up and down but it didn't make any difference

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The peg stops the valve from opening and dumping the water. Normally when the weather is cold the valve will open at around 8 deg C for a Hymer. The peg is used to stop the valve opening. It would seem you have another issue elsewhere with water dumping -maybe a split hose or a clamp has come loose-My hymer has jubilee clips all round at the joints that used to come loose at times. trace where the water is dumping from and work back to the taps-favourite in mine was under thesink

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Well that would suggest the pump is running dry, are you airlocked? Many way to clear and airlock, simplest is to open a mixer when halfway between hot and cold, but cover the tap with your hand to prevent water coming out of the tap.

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
My hymer has jubilee clips all round at the joints that used to come loose at times. trace where the water is dumping from and work back to the taps-favourite in mine was under thesink
As far as I could tell late yesterday evening there is a t connection on the pipe coming from the tank with a pipe that goes through the floor and that's where the water is flowing out. I'll have to have a better look tomorrow.

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Well that would suggest the pump is running dry, are you airlocked? Many way to clear and airlock, simplest is to open a mixer when halfway between hot and cold, but cover the tap with your hand to prevent water coming out of the tap.
I wondered about an airlock as I run the tap for a while with no water in the tank.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back