German Data Simcard - Success! (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just popped into a Vodafone shop in Lubeck Germany and picked up a Vodafone Data Only Sim Card

No problem not being a German Resident - all they asked for was a driving licence or passport as proof of ID

The card was €50 which included €45 of credit to use against any of their data packages

Result !

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
And there was a little bonus inside the pack
A free €5 data pack
Using the sim in my mifi to type this now and can confirm that it's a very fast connection

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks useful info, germany a bit of a problem if relying on wifi as its scarce..

On our month in the sun recently i used just over 1 gig of my 4 gig allowance... while my wife used 4 gig in one day...go figure:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We buy similar in France when we go over, but will be using 3 next trip (we hope)

Data in France is a little cheaper but not much 7Gb 1 month use it or lose it 30 euros

Last time away we ate our way through the first 7Gb in 2 days:(, no idea how, bought another card checked useage and within 15 minutes 1.5Gb had gone again

Closed everything on laptop to see what was going on, last thing to close was our home security cameras which can be viewed while on line, that seems to be the culprit, when home checked the spec we were effectively live streaming 4 videos at once. Banned from use abroad now (y) on mifi anyway :)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'd advise anyone using a smart phone to go into their phone settings and alter their 'cellular data' settings so that only essential apps are allowed to use cellular data, otherwise every time you take a picture it may be uploaded to the cloud without you noticing, using up valuable data.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I now use this site to find the best deal in any country for a sim card. I buy payg data only sims for my mifi. Difference in providers can be huge. I'm in Greece at the moment, as you can see voda is offering 1 gig for 12 euro which is extortionate compared to the 5 gig for 15 euro that Wind offered. I looked it up just before I left Italy.

Click on any country and it will give you every deal by every provider in that country

http://wiki.apnchanger.org/Main_Page

Dicck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back