Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi I hope someone can help.

I'm off to France in my RHD 2006 Fiat Ducato based motorhome next month and I am unable to work out how to deflect the dipped headlamp beam from dazzling oncoming vehicles. I looked and asked at the Peterborough' show and whilst one stall had some plastic bits to put on the headlights there was no indication as to where to position them on the lights, so I left them.
I asked an Auto Trail dealer and he suggested visiting a Fiat Commercial garage which I suppose makes sense. But what do you do?
Last time I went, many years ago, in my car the headlight had sectors marked/etched in the glass, but they don't seem to do that now.

Can someone help please?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Eurolites HERE from Halfords have the instructions in them, you only use the round bit, always use them myself:thumb:

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
In many instances, they use the same reflector for left and right hand drive Carpy.

You may be able to change the dip angle by using Foreign bulbs.
Which you could buy off Ebay.

With the old double filament bulbs, you could just just file a new groove in the plate that locates the bulb.
Or unsolder and resolder the stem at a different angle.

You will get a lot more light if you solve your problem that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi I hope someone can help.

I'm off to France in my RHD 2006 Fiat Ducato based motorhome next month and I am unable to work out how to deflect the dipped headlamp beam from dazzling oncoming vehicles. I looked and asked at the Peterborough' show and whilst one stall had some plastic bits to put on the headlights there was no indication as to where to position them on the lights, so I left them.
I asked an Auto Trail dealer and he suggested visiting a Fiat Commercial garage which I suppose makes sense. But what do you do?
Last time I went, many years ago, in my car the headlight had sectors marked/etched in the glass, but they don't seem to do that now.

Can someone help please?

I bought some covers off of ebay, Link Removed

I treid my fiat dealer first but they were out of stock and had no idea when they could get some, I'll try using them with the black out sticker and also with the deflector mentioned on another post, but beware puting the deflector direct to the lens, it may cause broplems getting all the sticky stuff of off the soft plastic lens, allthought I was told washing up liquide gets rid of any any residue but I have never tried that

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Hi Robert,
I use the covers (same as in the E-bay link above) but bought mine from the Peugeot dealer in P'boro (same fit as Fiat for the 06 van).... they come with a black sticky patch....

I leave mine on permanently.... cheaper to replace plastic than a new headlamp unit:winky:

OP
OP
C

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years

I treid my fiat dealer first but they were out of stock and had no idea when they could get some, I'll try using them with the black out sticker and also with the deflector mentioned on another post, but beware puting the deflector direct to the lens, it may cause broplems getting all the sticky stuff of off the soft plastic lens, allthought I was told washing up liquide gets rid of any any residue but I have never tried that

Thanks for all relpies.
Just spoken to E-bay seller above,he is based in Spalding and as I am passing that way next Monday I can collect a set on route.

Another example of Funnsters coming up with the answers. Thanks

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Thanks for all relpies.
Just spoken to E-bay seller above,he is based in Spalding and as I am passing that way next Monday I can collect a set on route.

Another example of Funnsters coming up with the answers. Thanks

I tried mine on today, perfict, as the the meerkat says "simples"

OP
OP
C

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Collected mine today, like Sebthegeko, straight forward easy fit. I haven't put the balck patches on yet as I'm not off to France until next month but I will leave the units on as headlight protectors.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007

it may cause broplems getting all the sticky stuff of off the soft plastic lens, allthought I was told washing up liquide gets rid of any any residue but I have never tried that

To get the "sticky stuff" off use a bit of vegetable cooking oil on a cotton bud,Q tip or similar or try a nail varnish remover pad equally as good

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
What ever you get make sure they are removable. Had a vauxhall car the vauxhall garage could not get vauxhall deflectors so they aquired some from elsewhere. On return to the UK they were not removable without damage the headlamp glass so had to leave them in place.

years earlier we had clip on headlamp shields with the deflectors for our volvo car which were idal.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
To get the "sticky stuff" off use a bit of vegetable cooking oil on a cotton bud,Q tip or similar or try a nail varnish remover pad equally as good

I would not use nail varnise remover on plastic lens without trying a test area first, there could be problems

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
What ever you get make sure they are removable. Had a vauxhall car the vauxhall garage could not get vauxhall deflectors so they aquired some from elsewhere. On return to the UK they were not removable without damage the headlamp glass so had to leave them in place.

years earlier we had clip on headlamp shields with the deflectors for our volvo car which were idal.

we were talking about headlight shields/proterctors over the plastic lens

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Collected mine today, like Sebthegeko, straight forward easy fit. I haven't put the balck patches on yet as I'm not off to France until next month but I will leave the units on as headlight protectors.

glad things worked out ok, pity he didn't give us some discount, mybe next time::bigsmile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Just emailled Steve the guy who sells em on ebay...£68 for a set for me Boxer seems a bit steep:Eeek::Eeek: but cheaper than a headlight assembly I expect

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We have just bought some protectors which came with 2 sets of deflectors for our 2008 Ducato and they came from Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back