What's the name of the awning?? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi when we were at Malvern we looked at a pop up type awning, it was hexagonal with crosses across the sides, it had material like Windblocker but also had privacy screens.

My question is, does anyone know what it is called??? I have tried allsorts in the search engine but can't find the right one .

Thanks

Ginny

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Someone was selling one at the Bring and Buy. Cant remember who. This might jerk a few memories??? (y)

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm not sure from the description what it is we have a khyam motor dome classic, which is a pop up type, some photos of ours.
image.jpg
image.jpg

We no longer have the van as we changed it for another, our mistake, anyway no longer need the awning, and it comes with free lessons in setting it up, once you've got the hang of it, it's quite easy, plenty of room inside

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Maybe a dumb question, but this is described as a gazebo - what is the difference between this and an awning - and do campsites differentiate?

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Quest we have one ours is square in blue
the siver blinds are extra we bought it at Malvern last year from glossops caravans
we find its good wind and rain proof without
the screens one of our best buys stores well too like a parasol hope this is helpful.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi teasy 2 007
Yep we bought one , reasonably easy to put , not tried it in earnest yet as we are in Brittany at mo on aires, I will confirm later this month or early next when we try it at a local cl.
Terry

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Hi teasy 2 007
Yep we bought one , reasonably easy to put , not tried it in earnest yet as we are in Brittany at mo on aires, I will confirm later this month or early next when we try it at a local cl.
Terry
:smiley: Hi Fidget, think we saw you driving through Carisbrooke on Tuesday you must have been off to France :smiley: Hope you have a lovely holiday :smiley:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Yep, must have been on our way to wightlink, thanks for kind thought, now sat in aire at Fougeres next to the castle, we've been here before but the other 2 moho ' s who are with us haven't off tomorrow to area around Vannes then anti clockwise around Brittany

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Yep, must have been on our way to wightlink, thanks for kind thought, now sat in aire at Fougeres next to the castle, we've been here before but the other 2 moho ' s who are with us haven't off tomorrow to area around Vannes then anti clockwise around Brittany
:smiley: Although we have only just got back, must admit to being a little bit green :smiley: Have fun :smiley:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Quest we have one ours is square in blue
the siver blinds are extra we bought it at Malvern last year from glossops caravans
we find its good wind and rain proof without
the screens one of our best buys stores well too like a parasol hope this is helpful.

Hi, would you say it blocked the wind in the same way that the wind blocker type awnings do? It looks similar material and the advantage of something which can be put up very easily would be great.

Ginny

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi yes we find it very effective when its windy which we find is most of the time
We've used it 3 times up on shell island which a good test and find that it does the
job well also good in rain it runs off the roof
and the bottom around the sides gets a little damp but doesn't affect you in any way
if too windy we drop the roof in push the sides in and its then flat to the ground
we also use extra tethering and strong
pegs this is us not wanting to get it damaged
as it is very light hope this helps .jan.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I bought one last year - an impulse purchase 'cos I liked the look of it. It's as easy to erect as the salesman said it would be & can be down & in its bag in about five minutes. Ours survived a week in recent weather unscathed - it's stronger than it looks. I had various humerous comments from other campers: 'When's the cage fighting start then?' and 'Is it a bandstand?'. Worth putting up just for the laughs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back