Good wheel clamp for Swift Bolero 630 EW? (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
After the theft of my sister and brother-in-law's motorhome last week, we are feeling very jumpy about our own security, despite our MH being alarmed. We're in the process of investigating tracker systems, but if the gangs increasingly have tracker disarming equipment, as has been suggested on here, perhaps the more manual deterrents are better.
Can anyone suggest a good wheel clamp for a 2008 Swift Bolero? Ditto steering wheel/foot pedal locking system. It's on a Fiat Ducato 130/2.2 base.
Alternatively, how do you secure your MH?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't worry about it, it's insured, have an alarm as it's a condition of insurance, but really can't be bothered with other devices too much hassle.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I don't worry about it, it's insured, have an alarm as it's a condition of insurance, but really can't be bothered with other devices too much hassle.

A very, a'hem, helpful post......

I can swear by the bulldog centaur 2000, somebody tried, but failed a couple of years ago on mine. Also fit it to a rear wheel as it will be much more difficult to tow away!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I use a Disc lock.It covers all the Stearing wheel. Or as suggested a Clutch Claw.I also use internal silver screens so people cannot see inside van

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I use a Bulldog Centaur CA2000C

Yes that's the one I've got, really good service from the company as well, when I was in Spain I damaged the big nut and they sent me a nice new one without hesitation.
I think the biggest deterrent though is the flashing EXternal led,s.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Totally agree with you.
Arriving on site to bolt lumps of iron to the wheels does not appeal to me one bit. Park sensibly and use the alarm as required should be all that is required.
If the theiving gits really want it, I'm sure it will go whatever I do to prevent it.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Totally agree with you.
Arriving on site to bolt lumps of iron to the wheels does not appeal to me one bit. Park sensibly and use the alarm as required should be all that is required.
If the theiving gits really want it, I'm sure it will go whatever I do to prevent it.

I understand where you're coming from, but when you limit the use of a clamp to layed up periods only or really dubious off site areas, its really not a hastle.
I suppose it's not until you have been targeted that you would understand.
I also realise that if a thief wants it he will have it, but don't just give it away....

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Disclok - we have one on our camper and one on hubby's works van. They are thatcham approved.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We use the Milenco offering but only when it's parked up in the - secure - storage yard. The Westie is good enough at other times!

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I understand where you're coming from, but when you limit the use of a clamp to layed up periods only or really dubious off site areas, its really not a hastle.
I suppose it's not until you have been targeted that you would understand.
I also realise that if a thief wants it he will have it, but don't just give it away....
Sorry I was not thinking about vans in storage so yes it is a valid point to make it as immobile as possible if being left away from home for periods of time.
I was more thinking of those I see on site with cctv, entry barriers and the like and then the owners is getting out all the security devices as if it will float away in the night while they sleep in it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back