RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
can anybody recommend somewhere to park near Bournemouth for the day ?
we want to park up and go cycling for the day before moving on to Blandford

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
on the clifftop near boscombe/ fishermans walk. plenty of other vans there. cycle into bournemouth takes 15 minutes. nowhere nearer thats safe i can think of

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
on the clifftop near boscombe/ fishermans walk. plenty of other vans there. cycle into bournemouth takes 15 minutes. nowhere nearer thats safe i can think of
post code ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yeomans lane , behind the Castle point shopping center , down the gravel lane ,
We have been there a few times , peacefull , flat , has toilets , water and cassette point .
10 mins walk from shopping center , Nandos , and take aways . With bus es into town ,
it is in the C&CC book , but the farmer is not interested in club cards.
Only £7 a night ,

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yeomans lane , behind the Castle point shopping center , down the gravel lane ,
We have been there a few times , peacefull , flat , has toilets , water and cassette point .
10 mins walk from shopping center , Nandos , and take aways . With bus es into town ,
it is in the C&CC book , but the farmer is not interested in club cards.
Only £7 a night ,
and 5 minutes walk at night from the townsend estate. even the police dont go in there at night unless its to protect a fire appliance from getting bricked

Upvote 0

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
and 5 minutes walk at night from the townsend estate. even the police dont go in there at night unless its to protect a fire appliance from getting bricked

Oh my God

You had better tell the Camping and Caravan Club to warn them of such a Dangerous Site then ....

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I lived in bournemouth 25+ years and if you ask any local there are 2 places to avoid. even the police admit they know most stolen cars locally end up on these 2 estates. When they raid the drug dealers they take in a convoy to control the locals

not saying it wont be safe and dont camp there. just be aware when out for a walk or cycle at night if you do, and keep everything locked

c&cc know all about it but consider it a limited risk like any other rough estate

seaside picture postcard Bournemouth is managed like all others and what visitors see is not the full picture. The high crime rate doesnt encourage tourism

Upvote 0

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We didnt see any problems but we were only there for a few weeks during July n August ,
lots of families camping there and also caravans n Motorhomes , some were single ladies touring in MH,s
There are people of all ages that live on the site long term ,

Nowhere in the UK seems safe these days , pleased im going back to Morocco ,

Upvote 0

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
The Townsend estate can be a bit of an adventure at times.
Baiter Park in Poole may be a good fit ( follow the signs to Poole (Quay) and you'll pick up Baiter Park signs)).

Whitecliffe at Lilliput / sandbanks may also fit the bill.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I would second this, it does get busy up there though, because it is right over the beach (as the name kinda suggests)

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I lived in bournemouth 25+ years and if you ask any local there are 2 places to avoid. even the police admit they know most stolen cars locally end up on these 2 estates. When they raid the drug dealers they take in a convoy to control the locals

not saying it wont be safe and dont camp there. just be aware when out for a walk or cycle at night if you do, and keep everything locked

c&cc know all about it but consider it a limited risk like any other rough estate

seaside picture postcard Bournemouth is managed like all others and what visitors see is not the full picture. The high crime rate doesnt encourage tourism
You wouldn't catch me parking anywhere near Townsend Estate, it is not a nice place! (I also grew up in the area)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp

Brilliant thanks for that :)
parked up all day with no problems and it was free !!!!!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
pleased you enjoyed your visit(y)

Upvote 0

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
near BH5 1LN, on Boscombe overcliff drive

Hi @TheBig1, can you overnight there at this time of year?

No 1 son is at the Chiropractic College and am going down to see him next weekend, there are great value B & Bs around Boscombe, but the van might be fun...

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

No 1 son is at the Chiropractic College and am going down to see him next weekend, there are great value B & Bs around Boscombe, but the van might be fun...
have seen many do so, but please double check the signs as things are constantly changing. the spot linked to is 5 minutes walk from the chiropractic college

Upvote 0

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Cheers, ta, I will get the boy to pop down and read the signs for me (c:

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No

Also, worth pointing out, parts of Boscombe are very nasty places to be in, if you don't know the area, best to give it a wide berth.

Upvote 0

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Also, worth pointing out, parts of Boscombe are very nasty places to be in, if you don't know the area, best to give it a wide berth.

Yeah, can be a bit dodgy, even no 1 son (6'2" second row) and his burly Scandinavean rugby mates tend to go around in groups!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have you asked if you can park at the college?
Theres no space and even if there was, I wouldnt recommend it because of where it is
The Crescent and Boscombe manor should be avoided but mostly the crescent which is a very druggie area, however its the opposite end of boscombe to the chiropractic clinic on Parkwood Road.

the clifftop area is far safer and residents are predominantly the wealthy retired and nursing homes. obviously there will always be a few dodgy characters about, but common sense is that you get these everywhere

Upvote 0

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Theres no space and even if there was, I wouldnt recommend it because of where it is Quote]

You obviously know better than me. The last time I went there albeit 23 years ago there was loads of parking.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I wouldn't park anything in that area! Well not anything I wanted to get back the next morning, that is a deeply unpleasant area, steer clear. I used to work very close to there, and once someone nicked my 17 year old mini clubman that I had bought for the princely sum of £60!

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
We have just spent a night at Wareham Forest, and because the weather is so fabulous, we decided to head for a walk along Bournemouth Beach. We parked at BH5 1LN on the Boscombe Cliffs for free for a few hours. Great place to park!! No troubles.
Big thank you to this forum for this very useful parking info.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back