Which TV for my MH? (1 Viewer)

D

devondumpling

Deleted User
Hi everyone!

I must say this site is fab! In just the few days of membership, I have learned so much!!

We are about to get our new motorhome but it doesn't seem to have a TV:cry:bit rubbish for the price, really!
Anyway, could anyone recommend any? Would prefer around a 19" screen with freeview and dvd. Also, how do you get on with mounting it on a wall bracket? Don't know if our MH already has a bracket installed.

Regards Kate ::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi kate,

ideally you want one that will run on 12volts....some 19" do, others are 240v only.

you need to be careful where you fit a wall bracket...the walls arent very strong.

mines fitted to the wardrobe wall with nuts and bolts right through into the wardrobe.

the outer walls wont be strong enough.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont bother with the special 'made for motorhomes' type.....far too expensive.

we have a 15" ONN from asda.....freeview and DVD built in

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
bought a 19" with freeview and dvd from asda last week £185 lcd type unknown make but works very well

Upvote 0
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Posted this a while ago ;but no response may be what your looking for
240v/12v freeview/dvd combi £159

Link Removed

NB may still have them in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
bargain....:thumb:

very nearly wasn't, first time out forgot it was on the shelf, (was'nt on" the list" as we had only just bought it) so 4 miles from home we rememberd the telly was'nt packed down, luckily it had not moved...

I can still still smell the fear

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Posted this a while ago ;but no response may be what your looking for
240v/12v freeview/dvd combi £159

Link Removed

thats not bad at all.

unfortunately with our aldi there is a queue for these specials starting about 4am and they issue raffle tickets to the first X people in the queue when they open depending on how many TVs they have.

im not getting out of my pit on a sunday morning for anything. :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
very nearly wasn't, first time out forgot it was on the shelf, (was'nt on" the list" as we had only just bought it) so 4 miles from home we rememberd the telly was'nt packed down, luckily it had not moved...

I can still still smell the fear

snap !!!!

our first van/tv......set off on the first outing and forgot to fasten it down....:Doh:

it lived in an overhead, doorless, locker on a slide out shelf......hell of a bang when it hit the floor.:whatthe:
it was a 14" CRT TV and amazingly, after a 6' drop it still worked.:Eeek:

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi
We got a 20" Meous from flea bay on a special offer. They are also sold by we do digital. Its flat screen with built in dvd 12 & 230 Volt, has all soughts of gismos with it. Cant remeber the price but its a real smart telly. As for the bracket we have a tray type affair that telly sits on. It can be pulled out of the cupboard and swivled around to point in any direction. This avoids any weight on the wall as mentioned above
We have a flatsat plus camos satellite dish with a camos black box receiver both bought from road pro.

Cheers
Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We're in the 'just go for a standard' camp, ie avoid MH specific and easy double your spend.
If you spin any likely candidate round you can see if it's 12volt, alot are. We got a nice little Grundig 15.4 flat LCD a couple of years ago from Currys no less, Freeview, DVD etc and works fine. I did get a 12 to 12volt adaptor/smoother as one's a bit paranoid but many just plug in the 12volt. Our old van the electrical system was a bit archaic, 12 could reach 14.8 at times and spikes were, er interesting, dodgy mains on one site.
As for brackets, I tend to make my own to suit, but that's me:Blush: We had two options in the old Dodge but it's fixed in Winne, typical A class style.
Si.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back