LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Broken Link Removed
I have these fittings all over the MH and one is leaking. They are push fittings with odd grey plastic circlip things. You are supposed to be able to remake the joints but I am not sure on there way of assembly. Anyone got a simple explanation I cannot find a PDF on the web... so far!

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
De pressurise the system remove the grey circlip press in the white part in the picture at the same time pull the pipe out whilst keeping the white part pressed in if it is leaking remove the circlip and try and push the pipe into the fitting hope this helps

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Domestic stuff is called speedfit and 99.9% of the time it leaks because it hasn't been shoved in far enough. Ooooooer Mrs :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
With the knowledge of procedure I have broken the 2 connections and reseated them. They are on the garage shower where they have joined the shower mixer to the pipe. Anyway pulled them apart, easy when you know how, thanks @buckby, they seemed well seated but remade and so far no leaks, we shall see.

Deleted User
Domestic stuff is called speedfit and 99.9% of the time it leaks because it hasn't been shoved in far enough. Ooooooer Mrs :LOL:
Yes this is a common problem. I always put a pencil mark on the pipe as a guide to how far it has been pushed in. On several occasions I have thought the pipe was fully inserted but on checking have realised it needed to be further in.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes this is a common problem. I always put a pencil mark on the pipe as a guide to how far it has been pushed in. On several occasions I have thought the pipe was fully inserted but on checking have realised it needed to be further in.
As the actress said to the Bishop. :whistle: :rofl:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes your quite right there, the clamp is first but the O ring that seals it is a lot further in the fitting. :)

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
So far guys, 24 hours and no leaking, garage dried out, still nervous so will not fit all the fixing screws yet, and will give it another 24 hours!

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
6 days and its not dripped so I think I can say that is fixed. Good job the Flair is all aluminium there was quite a lot of water in the garage and it had crept up the carpeted wall. Now in the hot Spanish weather its all dry as a bone.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

The other reason is that 99% of the time whoever fits it doesn't bother to put the little inserts into the ends of the pipe before fitting it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back