Emptying Cassette on grass verge (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
One of the Facebook groups I'm a member of has just reported while a few of them were wildcamping this weekend near Edinbrugh another MH not part of them joined them in the car park, the following morning before he left he emptied his cassette all over the grass verge.
They have taken pics of his van and reg number and now debating if they should name and shame him, what do you lot think. The others actually cleaned it up to prevent them getting a bad name.

I hope it was a Funster they came from Birmingham and drove a Hobby.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I'd name and shame. There is no need for it. We've just been to kelham hall this weekend and it was really busy. As the weather clouded over last night a few decided to pack up and leave. This morning when I went to the bins with the rubbish someone had emptied their black waste, luckily no no. 2's but loads of toilet tissue shreds on the grass! Revolting for whoever pitches up there after them.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I hope it was a Funster they came from Birmingham and drove a Hobby.

I hope it wasn`t ..............:Eeek:

I would like to think "NO" Funster would do that sort of thing...

Even if it was just Urine still beggers belief..

Must have toilet`s at their next stop.. :swear2:

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
This is why councils erect height barriers and locals don't want motorhomers.
You must name & shame them. - even if it turns out to be hired - the hiring company has an obligation to ensure its been used correctly.
Do it on here and let them then try defend themselves.
Alternatively, the council!
No excuse.
There's plenty of sites they could visit and ask to dump their waste appropriately.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Some members of the ahem, travelling fraternity have taken over a car park beside Carlisle city centre. It's right next to a cycle path we use regularly. We biked past on Saturday just after they had set up, went past today, the stink of piss actually caught the back of your throat where they've been emptying their cassettes on the grass at the edge of the path. There's a growing collection of the customary associated detritus building up too :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Some members of the ahem, travelling fraternity have taken over a car park beside Carlisle city centre. It's right next to a cycle path we use regularly. We biked past on Saturday just after they had set up, went past today, the stink of piss actually caught the back of your throat where they've been emptying their cassettes on the grass at the edge of the path. There's a growing collection of the customary associated detritus building up too :(

Down South our local councils provide portaloos which solves that problem but makes us a soft touch.....can't win :(

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Why do you hope it was Funster? o_O

I hope it wasn`t ..............:Eeek:

I would like to think "NO" Funster would do that sort of thing...

Even if it was just Urine still beggers belief..

Must have toilet`s at their next stop.. :swear2:

Sorry guys it was a typo meant to put I hope it wasn't .

Yes, answer the question, why do you hope it was a Funster?

:cooler:

I'm assuming your post wasn't meant to sound as abrupt as it reads, as above though it was a typo by me.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ok here is the Rev number just incase any of you see him out and about, I am only passing on what I have read at no time have I personally seen this guy do any wrong and if he is on here please defend yourself and I'll pass the comments on to the other group.
BF52 OZH it's a blue hobby, I'll not post the pics

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Name & shame!..bad enough when people don't clean up after their dogs let alone leaving their own s...t for someone to tread in.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I'd rather read about a conviction and see him shamed in the media !
It's about time we had a highlighted case in the news .
Some would say give his details to mr plod and I agree ,if it was a driver of another vehicle instead of one of our own some may turn a blind eye ,not me !

Vlad

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think the group did think of reporting it but they were afraid this would highlight it and the council might act to stop all campers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back