LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I would certainly ask before trying it but most such places don't allow overnight camping as they don't have a licence.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Were heading for the Falkirk Wheel on our Jocklandshire adventure in the next week or so, we know they are set up for MoHo's.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have seen vans overnight at the Hermitage car park a few miles further up the A9, there is a second car park up the forestry road as well that I pencilled in.

OP
OP
colmorangie

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Falkirk wheel sounds good, we won't get there till 10/11 pm so shouldn't disturb anyone as we should be gone again for 8am latest

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Falkirk wheel has a gated entrance with security so not sure you'll get on at that time of night. Best to check first.

Deleted User
has anyone wild camped at Perthshire Visitor Centre?

I have seen motorhomes parked there on several occasions early morning and looked as if they went camped up with window blinds.

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Falkirk Wheel lock the gates about 8pm if I remember correctly, I would suggest you contact Irnbru(Sandra) as she ran the meet there recently. There are security on patrol all night who I think could let you in our out. Contact the Falkirk wheel or Sandra they are the best the let you know.

OP
OP
colmorangie

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
To summarise, we did stop at Perthshire Visitor Centre, we arrived about midnight and tucked ourselves in the overspill Campari. There was already another van there, Dutch. We woke in the morning and headed inside for a full breakfast - slightly expensive at £8.50 each but well worth it. Would definitely stop here again if going that way.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
has anyone wild camped at Perthshire Visitor Centre?
Yes, we have used it, adjacent to the A9 just north of Perth. You park on the 'overspill' not tarmac but hard standing. There is a bit of road noise from the A9 but nothing too bad. It is a Brtistop as well. There is also lots of room so it is always worth bearing in mind if you are struggling to find somewhwre.

KH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Why do they need a licence? It's their car park, all you are doing is parking in it.
Oh please, not that one again. We are talking about UK law, not French or some other country, and under UK law using a caravan (motorised or towed) for habitation requires either a caravan site licence or an exemption under the 1960 Act. See S1(4).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back