Nov 17, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano i727
Exp
2 years
Hi everyone

Just arrived in france for our first two week holiday in our new to us motorhome and what with trying to remember so much we didn't get a french EHU adaptor.

Does anyone know where we could buy one?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't worry about it until you need to.

I've been carrying one around for ages and it's never been out of the locker. Everywhere I've stayed that has EHU has had a normal blue socket.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi everyone

Just arrived in france for our first two week holiday in our new to us motorhome and what with trying to remember so much we didn't get a french EHU adaptor.

Does anyone know where we could buy one?

Thanks
They may sell an adapter at the campsite you stay on - otherwise they may be able to pint you in the direction of your local Motorhome accessory shop

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

westy407

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano i727
Exp
2 years
Just our luck then! We've just pulled into our first aire in Pont D'Ouilly it's lovely here and guess what,
we need an adapter!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just our luck then! We've just pulled into our first aire in Pont D'Ouilly it's lovely here and guess what,
we need an adapter!

:rofl: typical. I guess if it's an aire there isn't an office to ask at. As Robert said a motorhome accessory shop will be your next port of call. A quick look on Google suggests loads of options in Caen but none open today. Nothing much closer I'm afraid. You could go and ask at the local Office de Tourisme if there is one or if not the local Mairie.

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

I've been carrying one around for ages and it's never been out of the locker. Everywhere I've stayed that has EHU has had a normal blue socket.

And thus will it continue-until the day you leave it behind :LOL:

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Most 'bricant' (DIY) merchants will be likely to have them e.g. Bricoman, Brico Depot etc. French equivalent of B&Q

Wyn

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That might be easier: buy a plug, a socket and some cable and make your own up.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
and do you really need electrics? we thought we did until we tried without

generally you will be lucky to find electrics on aires and even if you do you might well find you only get a couple of hours for your money, just enough to recharge, but if you have driven on that day you should be more or less fully charged already

if you need electrics I would suggest you shouldn't be using aires, I think on the 20 or so we have used only about 3 or 4 had permanent hook up options and then nowhere near as many as pitches, on the ones that had the couple of hour options I have yet to see one being used

(y):)

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

just recently back from Italy and needed adapter on a few French stops

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just take the plug off and jam the wires in the socket with matchsticks. No one will bat an eyelid, it's France.:rolleyes:

Legal disclaimer:

Only if you know what you are doing of course! And if you really think you need to connect the earth wire use a clothes peg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

starspirit69

Free Member
May 9, 2013
aylesbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Most large supermarkets have them Le Clerc, Super U and Auchen in the motoring departments, not sure about the matchsticks. As had been said if you are touring you should not need to worry about EHU as the batterry/ies charge as you are travelling.

Upvote 0

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Just take the plug off and jam the wires in the socket with matchsticks. No one will bat an eyelid, it's France.:rolleyes:

Legal disclaimer:

Only if you know what you are doing of course! And if you really think you need to connect the earth wire use a clothes peg.

OH MY LORD !!!!
Never a truer word has been spoken or written in jest, although I suspect you MAY be serious. How nice it is sometimes to live in a land where the old married couple known as 'elf and safety do not yet reside

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
OH MY LORD !!!!
Never a truer word has been spoken or written in jest, although I suspect you MAY be serious. How nice it is sometimes to live in a land where the old married couple known as 'elf and safety do not yet reside
Yes, it was most certainly a joke, though I have done that in the past in the house! But not outside in a public place. Or on a Caravan Club site!

Upvote 0
Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
When we were in France last September we did the Calais to Alsace wine route and didnt use a French adapter once.

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
westy407, the first of probably many hiccups along the way, as we all have.
Enjoy the journey and as you rightly said just go with the flow B-)

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Your bound to come across a motorhome dealer soon, buy one there or as others say, many DIY stores sell them. I assume you have a collection of tap adapters for your hose pipe? They aren't all the same size as at home..............

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes, it was most certainly a joke, though I have done that in the past in the house! But not outside in a public place. Or on a Caravan Club site!

Saw it on a site in Morocco earlier this year. Not uncommon!

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Far more common is 1 electric point feeding about 20 vans, through a multitude of extension leads and adapters. the first van in the system must be pulling about 30 amps :whistle:

Upvote 0

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Most large supermarkets have them Le Clerc, Super U and Auchen in the motoring departments, not sure about the matchsticks. As had been said if you are touring you should not need to worry about EHU as the batterry/ies charge as you are travelling.
thats what I was going to say, easy to find in supermarkets

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back