Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Solo,s

Just out of interest how many of you are out and about this weekend ?????

I,m not purely on the basis that the Campsites always seem to be full of families,just makes me realise as a solo how lonely it can be!!!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
No we always try and avoid Bank Holidays, don't see the point in all the extra traffic and everything full, looking forward to next week when things will be quieter. (y)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We at a rally in Rutland at the moment, home later today as we have tickets for the theatre this evening then off to Sandringham tomorrow for a week. Yes there are kids about but I never let this spoil my holidays. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We got home from our last trip 2 weeks ago and are not going away again until the 18th. Several things to fit in at home.

Looking forward to the next trip though - a C&CC meet at Blackpool for the lights then another C&CC meet at Market Rasen as a filler for a couple of days before going on to the Lincoln Show.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Solo,s

I,m not purely on the basis that the Campsites always seem to be full of families,just makes me realise as a solo how lonely it can be!!!!
you need to use CL's rather than campsites, kids need lots of facilities. Only had 3 families with children here the whole season on our CL. I really don't get why solos need to feel segregated, we always treat everyone the same especially at rallies.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Motorhome on drive preparing for our trip starting next weekend, for the past 4 years we have always planned our trip down south after English schools go back.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Just out of interest
you need to use CL's rather than campsites, kids need lots of facilities. Only had 3 families with children here the whole season on our CL. I really don't get why solos need to feel segregated, we always treat everyone the same especially at rallies.
have you ever been solo???

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Hi Solo,s

No, not this weekend :shake:

If I went away every weekend I'd never get anything done at home because I still work... but when I do, I want to chill out and I find the 5-van sites perfect for that - that said, I have found that if you speak/smile/wave it usually draws a positive response (y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi Eve, at home this weekend. Since retiring can't see the point of attempting to travel on a bank holiday weekend. It is usually mayhem on the roads up here over the bank holiday, everybody trying to 'do' the Lake District before the autumn!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I can understand why solos may feel segregated. Some couples, never mind solos, new to any given group can find it awkward to "break in", especially where the other people know each other well. Even couples on a site/CL are a group in the sense that they are more than one and that could be daunting for people on their own. Lots of people are shy and it takes an element or courage to make the first approach.

I would hope that everyone finds it easier at Fun rallies because at least we know that most others are as daft as we are :)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Just out of interest

have you ever been solo???
I was solo for nearly 20 years, so yes I have, and currently when at meets and rallies my wife remains in the van anyway so am a solo by proxy most of the time.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Well you do surprise me!!:Eeek:

I am also not talking about funster meets,as the ones I have been on people in general are friendly, every one to there own as they say!!!!

May be in time I will get use to it, as I intend to spend a lot of time out and about,!!:wine:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back