Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I have just purchased a twin sim phone so thought I would get a three sim to use on my trip to Italy next week. It's already set up with my virgin sim but I need a nano sim from three to get the feel at home package. What payg deal do I need I would like to be able to tether etc

Thanks in advance Paul

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you cant tether abroad on three feel at home on any package. data on the host device no issues but no tethering allowed.
i have a full data package and checked before leaving for France.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No tethering using a phone I'm afraid
Buy whichever package suits your needs best

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Thanks I may unlock a mifi I have then
Not sure that that will work with "feel at home" either, it seems able to block hot-spotting as well as tethering. Quite infuriating when you pay for a certain amount of data but they dictate how you can consume it, and quite pointless imho. Not pleased with three at the moment, this was the reason I changed from Voda, and the no-tethering abroad was not made clear!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
The all you can eat data £15 has just been replaced with ayce £20 .PAYG works well in the twin sim phone ( x6 Cubot) no need to tether it works well as is .:)
Which one did you get ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I used a Three PAYG sim in a MiFi for 8 weeks n Spain earlier this year. It worked fine although it was slow in a few places.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
an unlocked mifi on a 3 PAYG data package works fine mine did. bought 3gb for 90 days reasonably cheaply.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
The all you can eat data £15 has just been replaced with ayce £20 .PAYG works well in the twin sim phone ( x6 Cubot) no need to tether it works well as is .:)
Which one did you get ?

I bought the Cubot x9 pretty pleased with it but only had it couple of days. I would like to tether as tablets kinder to the eyes and wife can use it as well. Decisions decisions

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
I must admit I am a little annoyed with Three, but also myself for not checking properly. I recentley switched from a 20GB a month EE contract, as I used the phone for tethering to a 3 all you can eat data package. I only found out when I lost internet service that even though its all you can eat data you only get 4GB for tethering!! Very disappointed.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if you want to tether the tablet then there is only one decission and thats to unlock the mifi and buy a 3 payg data sim

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Similar then .I also have a cube tablet octa core (phablet?) Works exactly the same as x6 and can pop the 3 sim in there for phone and data .works for me (y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I must admit I am a little annoyed with Three, but also myself for not checking properly. I recentley switched from a 20GB a month EE contract, as I used the phone for tethering to a 3 all you can eat data package. I only found out when I lost internet service that even though its all you can eat data you only get 4GB for tethering!! Very disappointed.

unfortunately that is the case on new contracts; the holders of old contracts ( Me! ) still have "grandads" rights and while you hold that contract its unlimited tethering...

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish

Are you sure ? I used just over 11gb.last month payg £15 .
Only just got payg £20 so don't know for this month.
Have set data allowance on phone at 28gb
Three on contract say fair use 25gb .my contract ended a month ago and swapped to PAYG same number.

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Are you sure ? I used just over 11gb.last month payg £15 .
Only just got payg £20 so don't know for this month.
Have set data allowance on phone at 28gb
Three on contract say fair use 25gb .my contract ended a month ago and swapped to PAYG same number.

yes, very common on new contracts apparently! i think they should do more to make you aware

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
unfortunately that is the case on new contracts; the holders of old contracts ( Me! ) still have "grandads" rights and while you hold that contract its unlimited tethering...

Yes I have two phones with that old contract. It means we can't upgrade the phones as that would put us onto the new contract with the miserly tethering rule. We use over 100gb a month tethered, it would hurt to lose that.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Yes I have two phones with that old contract. It means we can't upgrade the phones as that would put us onto the new contract with the miserly tethering rule. We use over 100gb a month tethered, it would hurt to lose that.

the only way is to upgrade on an unlocked phone, but that can be a lot of cash up front

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
We have recently returned from France, having purchased a three phone sim which allow UK tethering and a separate 3 mifi.
We soon found we could not tether our iPad to the phone under a new contract, but the phone worked great (it's just everything's too small on the screen for me) and we had no problems connecting once we had a phone signal.
Since returning I have found out why my mifi wouldn't work there. There is a setting inside the mifi you have to change to enable data roaming abroad, as well as on your personal 3 web page. See three's web page in link below for instructions.
http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...=roaming,varset_subcat=4157,Case=EXT(EM46764)

Bonio123

Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
Bought a 3 data SIM for my IPad. £17 for 3GBP over three months. Used in france over June and
July. Still have 2 GBP left for a trip to Lanzarote in October. Can also set up hotspot to allow phone to access internet. sorry should have said August.

Last edited:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Bought a 3 data SIM for my IPad. £17 for 3GBP over three months. Used in france over June and
July. Still have 2 GBP left for a trip to Lanzarote in October. Can also set up hotspot to allow phone to access internet.

3gb over three months used in June, will not work, come October. (n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back