ladies how much do you pack for a month? (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Do you pack for 4 wks or 2 and wash or even one week and wash
? I'm worried the rail on wardrobe might collapse due to weight. Mum told me this morning to get my clothes looked out and she would iron them so I duly obliged only to be then told "Do you think this is a xhinese laundry":rolleyes:
How much is normal to pack ? 8 think I've taken up every nook and cranny left :D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm the wrong one to give advice on this, Sandra.... :) I even use my shower unit as a storage room for boxes with clothes in ....'just in case' ... :)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Watching this thread with interest - we're off on our first long trip (2+ months) in a couple of weeks. Germany, Italy - who knows what the weather will be like?? Have to take *every* possible combination and wondering how many of the lockers I can claim for ME.

Karen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the mrs says 2 weeks and visit launderette

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I take about 9 days worth planning to do laundry every 7 days. Some stuff you can wash by hand and dry but things like jeans you do need a launderette..... I also take a travel iron but that is really for the craft work :) although I did iron shirts and tees last time.

If worst comes to worst you can always buy a couple of extras!

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
I plan on 3 weeks worth, that way I find a launderette when I feel like it not when I need it and there are other things I would prefer doing that day. Biggest problem is Graham, he always has to much packed.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
well undies last 4 days,, day1 wear normal,, day2,, wear back to front, day3,, turn inside out,, day 4 turn back to front, then throw away and go comanda for 3 days.
so for a month 4 pairs and 4 tee shirts

How did we know that was coming???????

Here is another question, why do men's undies take so long to dry?

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
The Mrs and I did Scotland for a month in April/May. Went from extremes of 22degs to Minus 2. She used campsite laundrettes and tumble driers twice and didnt take too much home to wash. That said we dressed very casual...

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have been in France for almost 3 months, ( with a few days back to Blighty to collect furniture). We both take about a weeks worth of clothes. Me, 7 prs pants, 4 t shirts, 2 pairs socks in case I need to wear my boots, 1 pr jeans, 5prs shorts, 1 jumper, 1 jacket. Mrs A takes about the same but adds a few "lady specific" items.
No iron. No trainers. Trip to the launderette once a week.
Mrs A says you just need a capsule wardrobe. We use one locker each for clothes with coats and jumpers in the wardrobe.

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
I take 4 jeans, 8 tshirts, and a couple of jumpers for periods from 1 week upwards (less if shorter). We have one of that works brilliantly, and quickly, so do a quick wash of that days clothes each evening. If I was better at wringing out I'd take less, but it can take a while for the stuff to dry.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Oh dear what a question !! you have to take for every eventuality don't you warm/cold/wet/posh/casual !! for me its usually 2 pairs of jeans 5 pairs of cut offs 10 tshirts rolled a couple of pairs of shorts a couple of jumpers a puffer jacket that rolls up small enough underclothes for 2 weeks I wash them at every opportunity , and a couple of smart either blousers with slacks or skirts, oh I forgot I have about 3 light skirts that can go on one hanger ! they more often come back unworn. All these fit into two top cupboards and 3/4 of the wardrobe.
And if you find after this you have any space left ;);)smuggle some more in when he isn't looking. He says if we get pulled up and were overweight it will be my clothes at the side of the road!! p.s don't forget your shoes , I have a bag under the bed for those.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Having a pop top for some years you soon learn what you really need to take for one two three or four weeks. One way around taking too much is for you to pack what you think your partner will need and let your partner decide what you take.;)(y)

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Having a pop top for some years you soon learn what you really need to take for one two three or four weeks. One way around taking too much is for you to pack what you think your partner will need and let your partner decide what you take.;)(y)

:eek: :LOL: Oh that is a joke !! we were away 6 weeks and he only took enough for one the bu77er!!!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
How did we know that was coming???????

Here is another question, why do men's undies take so long to dry?
Mens 'undies' are generally of a thicker material-when in Canada in a heatwave I mentioned this to Carolyn who said 'try mine'. It was a revelation and I can't understand why mens aren't made in thinner materials.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You want to try cycle camping, that was the last time Jen was allowed to take 5 pairs of shoes, well I did have to carry all the paniers so I was allowed to vet the clothes pile.

In the motorhome she still takes far too much but at least I don't have to pedal it anymore.

Martin

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
You want to try cycle camping, that was the last time Jen was allowed to take 5 pairs of shoes, well I did have to carry all the paniers so I was allowed to vet the clothes pile.

In the motorhome she still takes far too much but at least I don't have to pedal it anymore.

Martin
Did all 5 pairs have cleats ?

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We find that we take about the same for one week or four. We use campsite laundries and do some hand washing. The only problem is when you're away through two or more seasons. We put winter coats and jumpers under a seat for the cold weather and forget about them as long as possible.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not a very helpful answer but I take as much as I want 20 odd t shirts tops / 6/7 pairs jeans a couple of skirts a couple of dresses, shorts jumpers cardi's jackets rain coats, sandals wellys crocks shoes walking boots, 20 pairs nicks though I do wash them as I go along, and more besides we have the room we have the weight capacity so why not. (And I do know because I've just been packing for my next trip later next week ). Have a great holiday Sandra and say hello to your mum as well please. :Smile:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Did all 5 pairs have cleats ?

If it's the solo she will only ride in flip flops, we had to buy a new pair half way round Corsica, the tandem she will clip in otherwise she gets battered about the the back of her legs with the pedals if her feet slip off.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not a very helpful answer but I take as much as I want 20 odd t shirts tops / 6/7 pairs jeans a couple of skirts a couple of dresses, shorts jumpers cardi's jackets rain coats, sandals wellys crocks shoes walking boots, 20 pairs nicks though I do wash them as I go along, and more besides we have the room we have the weight capacity so why not. (And I do know because I've just been packing for my next trip later next week ). Have a great holiday Sandra and say hello to your mum as well please. :Smile:

Sandra didn't say average it out for a year, she is talking single trip.

Martin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sandra didn't say average it out for a year, she is talking single trip.

Martin

Lol Martin that's me travelling light on a single trip, when Ed counted 22 pairs of shoes he did say that was a bit much :rolleyes:

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Always far, far too much and I always bring back unworn clothes, even when we are away for 3 months at a stretch. I try to stay on top of handwashing and only use the lauderette for bedclothes and towels.

One tip though...pack your " just in case the weather turns/ something smart turns up etc" clothes in vacuum bags. Don't buy the ones that need a vacuum cleaner to extract air from them, the ones I mean have a one-way valve and you roll the air out. If you roll the clothes up before you pack the bags then the clothes don't crease. Once you've got all the air out then the bags are almost flat and you can stack ever so many under beds or on end at the back of the wardrobe. Also useful for packing spare towels and bedclothes.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
One tip though...pack your " just in case the weather turns/ something smart turns up etc" clothes in vacuum bags. Don't buy the ones that need a vacuum cleaner to extract air from them, the ones I mean have a one-way valve and you roll the air out. If you roll the clothes up before you pack the bags then the clothes don't crease. Once you've got all the air out then the bags are almost flat and you can stack ever so many under beds or on end at the back of the wardrobe. Also useful for packing spare towels and bedclothes.

I pack loads of things that way even at home :) Great for winter sweaters and the like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back