Waste Bins (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Have got Autotrail Dakota with no space for a waste bin. Door has fly screen so usual space is not available. Any suggestions for installing bin without having to saw bits of shelving out. Can anyone rcommend a solution, please? :Sad:

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
Howazabout one you store whilst you travel, and put just outside the door when you are stopped?

I made a doofer that held mine onto the side of the van, by the door when I had a home with now place for one.

Upvote 0

Motomuz

Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Funster No
Hi

Have you had a look at the Ikea website??

There brilliant for natty storage gizmos and are loads cheaper the a MH dealer

Motomuz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i use the bin off a paper shredder.

two plastic mouldings used for supporting domestic kitchen cabinet shelves....like a small, flat hook with a 1/8" pin on the back and another on the horizontal flat bit.

i drilled two 1/8" holes in the end of the kitchen units and another two in the bathroom wall....just deep enough for the pins.

stick 'em in with sikafix adhesive and hang the bin on them. if we are in and out it goes on the bathroom wall, if we are in it goes on the kitchen unit.

still working on a catch/clip to hold it on when travelling but should be easy to acheive and we put it on the floor anyway.

you can, ofcourse, fix 'em where you want.

the bins just the right size for a carrier bag.

if it of any interest ill post some pics tomorrow night.

Upvote 0

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
easy peasy !!

Crikey !!!!! All this technical stuff, a 12 litre stainless steel pedal bin on the floor out of the way by the shower room door.B&Q and use supermarket bags as liners !! simpleinnit !!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Upvote 0
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Nowt wrong with cheep'n'fishent....

Plastic bag (scented of course) on a 'turn button' plastic fitting available from most c'van outlets.....

Sains etc do a good line in unscented bags ::bigsmile:

{G&J sorry I couldn't make the muster... hope it was a good weekend for you}

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We use one of those natty folding basket thingy's and put a plastic bag in it and leave it on the floor. Comes in handy for carrying other stuff about too.

Upvote 0

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Stainless steel Steve? Gotta remember some of us aren't posh and can only afford cheap plastic bags :roflmto:

Graham

For a few weeks I had a job as a cleaner at B&Q.....perks etc !!!
But it interrupted my travels, so I retired forever!!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Just seen you are a civil war bod !!! Royalist or Roundhead ??????? be careful with your reply !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
For a few weeks I had a job as a cleaner at B&Q.....perks etc !!!
But it interrupted my travels, so I retired forever!!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
One of our sons used to work for B&Q. Funny, never said he knew you :roflmto:

Just seen you are a civil war bod !!! Royalist or Roundhead ??????? be careful with your reply !!

We are members of Sir Thomas Tyldesley's Regiment of Foote, part of The King's Army of The English Civil War Society - ECWS not to be confused with the Sealed Knot who find a home for all sorts of Smurfs :roflmto:

Graham

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
ECWS not to be confused with the Sealed Knot who find a home for all sorts of Smurfs :roflmto:

Graham

Oii !!!!
some of my best friends are smurfs......including Shirl, she was a 'groupy' with "bushells battery" in scarborough.
other scarborough'smurfs' included The honourable Henry Howard (deceased)of castle howard which brings us nicely back to 'waste' bins...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Oii !!!!
some of my best friends are smurfs......including Shirl, she was a 'groupy' with "bushells battery" in scarborough.
Do we know Shirl's "Papa" then John? :roflmto:

What's "bushells battery"? A chip shop? :roflmto:

other scarborough'smurfs' included The honourable Henry Howard (deceased)of castle howard which brings us nicely back to 'waste' bins...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What's the waste bin, the castle or Howard? :roflmto:

Graham

Upvote 0

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Have got Autotrail Dakota with no space for a waste bin. Door has fly screen so usual space is not available. Any suggestions for installing bin without having to saw bits of shelving out. Can anyone rcommend a solution, please? :Sad:

Hi, We have a garbina waste bin from e-bay (kenmore caravans)type where you fit small pedal bin liner onto a frame with a lid,very compact,fixed our behind driver seat on the end of sink cabinet.

Upvote 0

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Sad or what! I've been to Sainbuggies tonight to stock up for the w/end (we're going to Poston Mill) and I found a small composting bucket with lid, in silver plastic. Just right for the camper rubbish bin, its only about 10" high, and has a lid and a handle. Won't hold many empty bottles though :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::drink::drink:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back