Burstner information/weight/data plate (1 Viewer)

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We are new to motorhomes!
Hi there,

I have just purchased an Aviano i640G A class, made in 2008.

Neither the dealer nor I can find a Burstner plate. There is a fiat one (see pic) but nothing that I can find from Burstner.

Anyone got any ideas about whether there actually IS one and if so where it might be hiding?

Thanks - John
IMG_1598.JPG

Teddyj

Free Member
May 10, 2013
St Neots
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi oaktree
On our Ixeo the Burstner wt. plate is low on the body just behind the drivers door,hope this helps.
Ted

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If it's anything like my fuses and my battery .. it could be .. well.... anywhere!
:(

(GJH may be able to help you.. :))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
Ah! thanks guys. Unfortunately I have no front doors! Just a habitation door and there is nothing around that.

I seem to have found all the batteries and at least some of the fuses!

John

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On the first photo Here it looks like the plate is just behind the offside front wheel arch, which is equivalent to where ours is.

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
Thank you Movan, that is kind of you and we ARE very fortunate although I did have to sacrifice my much loved car to achieve it ...sigh!

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
On the first photo Here it looks like the plate is just behind the offside front wheel arch, which is equivalent to where ours is.
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I think you are correct. My plate is missing. If you look at the attached pic of my MH you can see the different colour area where it should be. I have got a copy of the cert of conformity with all the data so I am not too worried. I wonder if I can get another one?
Thank you all for the help
John
image.jpg

Reactions: GJH

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Do you have the serial number of the van, unfortunatly it's normally on that plate, but shold be on the Certificate of Conformity armed serial number you should be able to confirm with Burstner the plated weights.

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
Yes, the cert has all the weights etc, I will take a photo if it tomorrow and post.
Thanks
John

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I appreciate that this thread is over five years old but, for the info of others, it may have been the case that the owner before the OP had the original weights altered by applying to DVLA via SV Tech. Having got a new 'Plate' the old plate was removed. I've seen an original plate on a Burstner inside the engine compartment.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I appreciate that this thread is over five years old but, for the info of others, it may have been the case that the owner before the OP had the original weights altered by applying to DVLA via SV Tech. Having got a new 'Plate' the old plate was removed. I've seen an original plate on a Burstner inside the engine compartment.
For a start you are not supposed to remove the original plate.
The plates in the engine bay will be the base vehicle and if an Al-Ko chassis there will be an Al-Ko plate. The last plate fitted supercedes previous plates so on a standard conversion the converters plate is the only one that matters. If the vehical has been uprated by SV Tech the SV Tech plate is the one to go by the others are irellavant.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Lenny HB

You wrote, "For a start you are not supposed to remove the original plate."
I know I am not supposed to remove Plates. I didn't.

Everything you have stated, I understand. I was only offering a plausible explanation
as to the circumstances.

And, further to that, the last Burstner I viewed didn't have an Uprated Plate. It had a downrated Plate. Under those circumstances it is even more plausible that someone, erroneously has removed the Downrated plate because they again wrongly thought that by doing so would return the van to it's original plated weights (even if the original plate had been removed) The van I saw did indeed have its Plate situated on the offside, under the drivers side window.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Typical Burstner plate. 2012 T660 Already showing signs of coming adrift.

WP_20180520_16_03_58_Rich (2).jpg

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Following Stealaway's Post (above) am I the only one who can see the problem with Burstner posting their Plate Cert complete with Chassis No. in a place open to public view.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Our 2019 Iexo 736 A class has Burstners plate just inside the hab door low down on the right hand side as you step in.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Following Stealaway's Post (above) am I the only one who can see the problem with Burstner posting their Plate Cert complete with Chassis No. in a place open to public view.
I think you will find that on most Hymer group vehicles the plate is already on display on the outside of the van as is ours🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back