Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Hi ... From me. Not really a newbie but a returner...if that makes sense. I knew a lot of people on the forums from the old days on another forum and also here. Then I seemed to drift away from the forums...whilst still carrying on with our motorhome life.

Sadly the past 17 months have been our worst nightmare...with my Husband battling a rare cancer...unfortunately he lost the battle in early July.

I wasn't sure what to do ref the motorhome life etc. but three weeks ago I decided to buy a smaller one and go for it alone....Camper UK were brilliant and helped me every step of the way to make the right decision for me, whether that was to carry on or sell completely ( I had never driven our old motorhome) Anyway to cut a long story short I took delivery two weeks ago of my Burstner Travel Van....after two local drives with the help of my Son my maiden trip was to Norfolk a three hour drive.....and I did it. I now hope to get out and about more in an attempt to make a new life....I wish with all my heart my Husband was still motorhoming with me....but it wasn't to be. I hope to meet some of you on my travels.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Could give you all kinds of advice but the thing I think most useful to you right now is this ................. a big hug . You have done really well to do so much so soon .... you are a strong lady and you will meet so many friends on this forum. Sometimes it just takes a friend to help us through the stumbling blocks life throws at us.... x

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Briarose, I think you are doing so well, I have seen some of your posts and with your positive attitude you will make new friends at the rally's, nothing is going to replace what you and your husband had planned, but new plans will slowly fall into place, I wish you well and would say make use of the forum, that's what Motorhome Fun is all about, lots of support out there. I always find the more you join in the forum the more you get out of it. :Smile:

OP
OP
Briarose

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Could give you all kinds of advice but the thing I think most useful to you right now is this ................. a big hug . You have done really well to do so much so soon .... you are a strong lady and you will meet so many friends on this forum. Sometimes it just takes a friend to help us through the stumbling blocks life throws at us.... x

Aw Thankyou....what a lovely post. I totally agree it's the Friends who are holding my hand indeed that have got me through so far. Especially so much support from people I haven't as yet met....who have sent me messages most days etc...just to say 'are you ok' and it has meant the world to me x

OP
OP
Briarose

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Hello Briarose, I think you are doing so well, I have seen some of your posts and with your positive attitude you will make new friends at the rally's, nothing is going to replace what you and your husband had planned, but new plans will slowly fall into place, I wish you well and would say make use of the forum, that's what Motorhome Fun is all about, lots of support out there. I always find the more you join in the forum the more you get out of it. :Smile:

I love the road bit on your signature......and for me so applicable ref a different road. Thankyou x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Welcome back and very best wishes to you.
jan & mike.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Briarose, Sorry to hear about your husband losing his battle with cancer.
Welcome back to the forums and well done on getting back into motorhoming so soon. You'll be fine and getting out and about in your new MH means you'll be meeting lots of new and old friends.

Denise

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello & welcome:)

What can I say that hasn't already been said by others? So sorry to hear of your last few months but think you've made the very best decision to carry on with the motorhome.....

And don't forget, many sites stay open all year so even when the days are short it might help to get away for a change of scene if you feel the need.

Look forward to meeting you at Lyndon Top in the Spring.

Deb x

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Briarose,
Sorry to hear about your husband losing his battle with cancer.
Welcome back to the forums and well done on getting back into motorhoming so soon.
Ann & Terry + ASBO the dog

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Similar thing for me when I lost my Wife after 40+ years of happy marriage to the big C.

Though it's a little different for a single man, just stick at it and you'll soon be flying up and down the roads of Europe, like the rest of us.

:cooler:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello. Enjoy your travels.
check-in-minion.jpg

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Welcome back to MotorhomeFun. Looking forward to meeting you at a Fun meet or rally in the not too distant future.
Brisey.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi, Briarose. Just wanted to welcome you back. Very sorry to hear that your husband passed away. So many people give up motorhoming when their spouses die but it is a very good way to meet others and make new friends. So, well done you for being brave enough to carry on.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
It's all been said, so we'll just add that we are looking forward to meeting you soon! Keep the forum open on your computer all day long, it's like having 'virtual' company with you at home - although Old Sir Mo may be back soon with his terrible jokes - much like a 'virtual' unwanted guest! ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briarose

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Similar thing for me when I lost my Wife after 40+ years of happy marriage to the big C.

Though it's a little different for a single man, just stick at it and you'll soon be flying up and down the roads of Europe, like the rest of us.

:cooler:
Hi so sorry ... It would have been our 40th anniversary this Oct...although I was a child bride lol. I always thought marrying young we would have made that golden wedding too. Sadly we didn't even make the 40th. I like to think my Husband will be happy that I am trying to carry on with the motorhome life that we both loved.

Thankyou everyone for the lovely replies x

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Briarose
We're so very sorry that you've lost your dear husband, life can be very cruel.
We admire your decision to carry on as a solo motorhomer and wish you only good things for the future.
Your happy memories of your husband will travel with you and with the support of family and friends old and new, the next stage of your life will open up.
Best wishes

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks I put my name down for this earlier....only 8 months to wait. Dreading darker nights in between.
I can understand this. I lost a partner to motor neurone disease 14 years ago and I dreaded the dark evenings. People tried to talk me out of the way I felt but that didn't help at all. It was friends that got me through, especially the ones that just accepted the way I felt and stayed close by. Be kind to yourself. I admire your courage enormously.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back