Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Recomendations anyone please.

2009 Kountrylite 26 RL @ 28K
2008 Nissan Navara @18K
car at home, van stored at mates farm in locked barn.
3points (speeding) for me, none for wife
No ailments.
Both got good jobs.

So far...........

NFU
Very politely advised me that they wer'ent competative this year as the underwriters changed the policy from combined rig to 2 seperate policies for rig and truck.
Also advised that next year, they are bringing out a new policy which WILL be competative

Sureterm Direct
Only cover rigs upto 25K

Link Removed
STILL havent returned my call.

Adrian Flux
Only cover rigs up to 20K

Park Homes (as recomended by 5th wheel co)

Caravan and Camping Club
Rig only - seperate cover needed for Nav, 1k contents cover £500

Camptons
£735:35 Combined with 250 excess and 3k contents cover. FARRRRR more than I'd hoped!:Sad:

Last edited:

Yetties

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Radstock Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Hi mate

Was it Helen you spoke to at NFU
Also you could try shield direct they were looking at doing a policy for 5ers when i spoke to them about 18 months ago
Neil

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Was it Helen you spoke to at NFU
Also you could try shield direct they were looking at doing a policy for 5ers when i spoke to them about 18 months ago
Neil

Thanks Neil.:thumb:
Sam has left, Helen is on maternity leave (how inconsiderate!:ROFLMAO:) and the lovelly lass I spoke to (Denise) was VERY helpfull but VERY appologetic because she is unable to offer a competative quote this year due to the underwriters re writing the policies for 5vers. They DID count it all as one, and continue to do so for existing customers so dont panic if you're with them!:thumb: Unfortunately, for new customers, at least this year, the policy has been written in two seperate parts for tug and rig and it is this which makes it uncompetative.
NFU's advice is that I should accept Camptons policy until something better comes along, which, they assure me, it will next year. TYPICAL!!!!:Doh:

Shield Direct wouldn't even quote due to combined value!

So, it would apear that there is STILL a lot of work to be done with regard to providing a suitable and affordable policy for 5vers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I am somewhat surprised at Camptons, if you look at the outfit we have ...........see thread "At Last" then this is insured with them for a really significant amount less (more than 30% less) than you were quoted. I purchased the Insurance in Feb of this year and it is my first time with Camptons.

I tried all the other sources you mentioned so I am sorry that I can not offer any other alternatives.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

2008 Nissan Navara @18K
No ailments.
Both got good jobs.

So far...........

NFU
Very politely advised me that they wer'ent competative this year as the underwriters changed the policy from combined rig to 2 seperate policies for rig and truck.
Also advised that next year, they are bringing out a new policy which WILL be competative

Sureterm Direct
Only cover rigs upto 25K

Link Removed

Adrian Flux

Caravan and Camping Club

Camptons
£735:35 Combined with 250 excess and 3k contents cover. FARRRRR more than I'd hoped!:Sad:

Just sent you a PM.. :thumb:

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel

2008 Nissan Navara @18K
No ailments.
Both got good jobs.

So far...........

NFU

Sureterm Direct
Only cover rigs upto 25K

Link Removed

Adrian Flux

Caravan and Camping Club

Camptons

Hi there zaskar did you come up with any better companies as i to am looking for new insurance.

Thanks Andy

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi there zaskar did you come up with any better companies as i to am looking for new insurance.

Thanks Andy

I'm afraid not Andy:cry:
For THIS year, the best I could find was Campton. Thats a combined package for the Nav and 5ver @ £735 inc' 3k contents cover. They insist on a pin lock, at least 1 wheel lock and a tracking system fitted within 14 dyas of the start of cover. (reciepts and installation cerificates required).

On a personal note, I've got to say that I wasn't particulaly impressed with the attitude of the lass on the phone at Campton and was left feeling like a potential criminal or naughty schoolboy outisde the headmasters office!:Eeek:
Having said that, another member on here dealt with a bloke from the same office and said that nothing seemed too much trouble.:RollEyes: Cette la Vie.

For attitude/service, the best by far IMHO was Denise from the NFU mutual office. Very friendly, helpfull and honest. Appologised striaght away for the fact that THIS year they weren't competative and even gave me Camptons number!:Smile:
Denise explained that unknown to NFU in the first instance, the underwriters had rewritten thier previously "all in one" policy and split it into two parts for tug and rig which made it a lot more expensive. Louth office has apparantly gone berserk and is trying to get the policy re-written a.s.a.p as it's lost them a lot of buisness.
Based on attitude alone, I WILL be ringinging NFU Louth next year to check before I renew.

Sumary as i found it this year.............

Campton.
Cheapest this year, best contents cover Cobined policy.

NFU
Not competative this year.

Sureterm Direct (as ORIGINALLY recomended by Calder)
No good as they only cover 5vers up to 25K

Link Removed
Gave up on them cos they're allergic to answering the bl**dy phone!!!!!!!!

Adrian Flux
Only cover 5vers up to 20K

Park homes Insurance Ltd (as recomended by the 5th wheel co)
Wouldn't insure me as i wanted to store the 5ver on a farm. They insist on a "proper" storage area with minimum of 15 other 'vans.

HTH:thumb:

Last edited:

chaswb100

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Brentwood,Essex
Funster No
MH
5er
Exp
2 Years
5er Insurance

Hi to all
Been on holiday (Static Van) so now catching up with all the news.

Only quote we could get for our Kountrylite 26RK & Navara was Camptons.

Combined Value of Outfit £52500.Premium £580.

Found Camptons very helpful.Needed Tracker & Pin Lock but no mention of Wheel Clamp.Kountrylite can be stored at home or on our seasonal pitch in Suffolk.The cost is based on the percived risk at the Post Code where 5er is stored.In our case the risk assement is the same at both locations.The only other difference is no penalty points on licence.

Looking forward to June 8th - Collection Day!!!!
Regards Chaswb100

Ps. Any thoughts on a Kountrylite or Calder Owners Club?.There seems to be more of us all the time.

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi to all

Ps. Any thoughts on a Kountrylite or Calder Owners Club?.There seems to be more of us all the time.

Like the sound of that Chas. Count me in. Just 2 more "gets ups" in the caravan.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use camptons mitsubishi canter + lynton5th wheel 372.25 pounds. need either pin lock or wheel clamp, pin lock easier to carry. shame they dont cover maroc had to get border insurance , too much hassle. didnt get breakdown policy at 60.00 should have. very helpfull people.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back