markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
When I came out from our house at lunchtime, there was a VW camper parked on the grass at the bottom of our drive, with all the curtains drawn! I didn't say anything, but I guess I should if it's still there when I go back, is parking on our land taking the p**s?

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Have you got a No Parking sign up? :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Friend of ours has a farm in Ayrshire and gets peed off with folk who see his farm as a free campsite.
He swears by banger ropes for getting rid of "birds" :sneaky:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When I came out from our house at lunchtime, there was a VW camper parked on the grass at the bottom of our drive, with all the curtains drawn! I didn't say anything, but I guess I should if it's still there when I go back, is parking on our land taking the p**s?
Did you not take then a cup of tea out?

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
We don't have a no parking sign as it's a wee grass patch in the corner of a wheat field (last year some car thieves torched an Audi q7 on it!) didn't take tea out as the end of the drive is a long way (700metres) from the house. They had gone when I got back at 5pm so maybe it was a stop for some 'romance' it was an older VW with flower stickers on it. It's not unusual to find people having a picnic there either, guess it's because we are close to the tourist resort of North Berwick

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Used to spend a weeks holiday in North Berwick when I was a kid, only lived half hour bus journey away.:)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We don't have a no parking sign as it's a wee grass patch in the corner of a wheat field (last year some car thieves torched an Audi q7 on it!) didn't take tea out as the end of the drive is a long way (700metres) from the house. They had gone when I got back at 5pm so maybe it was a stop for some 'romance' it was an older VW with flower stickers on it. It's not unusual to find people having a picnic there either, guess it's because we are close to the tourist resort of North Berwick

Where is it ? Looking for somewhere to park up for a fortnight ... :)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
I was told by a local in Ullapool that his wife got so fed up with motorhomes overnighting on her drive entrance that she kept a few bits of fish to throw on the motorhomes roof. The seagulls soon shifted them apparently!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
There isn't a no parking/camping sign on this small patch of grass and presumably if someone torched a car on it its fairly easily accessible from the road. How would people know its private property

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
If it was a VW camper maybe they left some brown trout too :(:sick:

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
They torched the car there because it was out of sight, its behind a hedge and next to the name board for the farm, I think it being in a wheat field and behind a hedge should imply its not public land, but don't forget we have different access laws in Scotland

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
They torched the car there because it was out of sight, its behind a hedge and next to the name board for the farm, I think it being in a wheat field and behind a hedge should imply its not public land, but don't forget we have different access laws in Scotland

Yes, I see what you mean, although I though I understood wilding is allowed in Scotland, presumably it's not allowed on private land like yours?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back