• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Peugeot 107 5 door complete with tow car system. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
with the potential, impending sale of our beloved current MoHo we have decided to sell our Peugeot 107 5 door auto car also.
This little car has been superb as my Wife's everyday, reliable car and our 'take away on the back of our MoHo' car, commonly known in MoHo circles as a 'Toad' - she has been everywhere with us.
It has the complete package - turn up with your MoHo, hitch on, plug in and off you go,,,,, superb for your tours and additional freedom.

Includes TowTal full braked 'A' frame system, easy-change rear number plate mounting (sort of James Bond like), rear window 'on-tow' decalling, full electrics and of course a cracking Peugeot 107 - it takes me about 5 mins to complete the combination fit and to remove.

Broken Link Removed

The car has 5 doors, recent new tyres, around 40k miles, £20 a year tax, 70+ to the gallon and it's the 'tiptronic' style auto - so tows with no problems (not to be confused with traditional auto). All in all a great combination that has given us a great deal of pleasure and the added ability to tour away from our MoHo like up into the Scottish Highlands and Cornwall without any issues of size etc.

Anyway - gauging interest. £2700 for the complete package.(y)

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Very interesting but what is the total tow weight?

Hi, the car weight is 835Kg (being the tiptronic Urban 5 door) - the attachments (towbar, electrics etc) are around 20kg.
I have also attached a video link to the fitment video of the specific system we have if it helps - same car too.(y)

Broken Link Removed

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for posting the information. Unfortunately, the towing weight would push my old Hymer close to the maximum permissible train weight. I will probably have to manage with a scooter on a small trailer :crying:

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for posting the information. Unfortunately, the towing weight would push my old Hymer close to the maximum permissible train weight. I will probably have to manage with a scooter on a small trailer :crying:
Hello Flamenca,
I would never challenge a persons knowledge of their own vehicle spec, but I believe you're underrating what the old girl can legally drag. My T4 Dopplekabin truck is 2590 gross solo and 4500 train. Our T4 LWB Camper isn't here for me to read the plate, but I guess it's 2800 and allowed to pull 2 tonnes of braked trailer. I'd be interested to see your figures and their source, a helpful guide to other members also, maybe? Apologies from me in advance if I'm off target ,

regards,
Dave

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it is not uncommon to see a max train weight on motorhomes that only leaves 700-1000kg for a trailer including the load. I looked at one a while ago with a max weight of 3500kg and train of 4250kg. bearing in mind the vast majority of 3500kg motorhomes are running at or around their maximum. payload often being 400kg before any extras are fitted or occupants and belongings loaded. weight is a real issue for most motorhomes

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
it is not uncommon to see a max train weight on motorhomes that only leaves 700-1000kg for a trailer including the load. I looked at one a while ago with a max weight of 3500kg and train of 4250kg. bearing in mind the vast majority of 3500kg motorhomes are running at or around their maximum. payload often being 400kg before any extras are fitted or occupants and belongings loaded. weight is a real issue for most motorhomes

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003

Got it - thanks. Your statement highlights my suspicion that the "lawmakers" are only casual visitors to our planet, mess things-up, then return from whence they came. We are singing from the same page re: motorhome + weight margins. Changed the rear springs on our T4 Karmann every year. Never got directed to a pubic weighbridge but did attract some funny looks. The only way I could get the outfit to run level was by placing the wife's make-case in the front passenger foot well....

Thanks and regards

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Hello Flamenca,
I would never challenge a persons knowledge of their own vehicle spec, but I believe you're underrating what the old girl can legally drag. My T4 Dopplekabin truck is 2590 gross solo and 4500 train. Our T4 LWB Camper isn't here for me to read the plate, but I guess it's 2800 and allowed to pull 2 tonnes of braked trailer. I'd be interested to see your figures and their source, a helpful guide to other members also, maybe? Apologies from me in advance if I'm off target ,

regards,
Dave

The figures for my Hymer are 3500kg gross vehicle weight and 4600kg maximum train weight. I do not want to sacrifice any payload in the MH and would not be very happy running so close to the maximum train weight for lengthy journeys. I have certainly towed 1500kg+ through Europe but always by making sacrifices in payload.
I am sure that you will find a buyer for your 107.

Regards,
Chris

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
To motor roamin and Flamenca,
Thanks for that. You are spot-on.
Best regards

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Reluctantly now on the World wide auction site for the great unwashed.
Roll on the weird and wonderful.......:cautious::eek:

Trikeman. ;)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just love selling cars and vans on eBay....never know who will turn up or the ridiculous offers they try on

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Quick update on my for sale Peugeot 107 eBay 'experiences' to date.
Question just received - :cautious:

"Is it legal to drive around with that frame sticking out like that, can't see a jockey wheel on it"? o_O

Lordy,,,,,, how do I answer a question like that?

Trikeman.;)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
How do you manage to get 70+ MPG? We have a 107 and get nowhere near that figure - more like 40 - 50 MPG.

Dave

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
How do you manage to get 70+ MPG? We have a 107 and get nowhere near that figure - more like 40 - 50 MPG.

Dave[/QUOTE

Looks like you have a problem with yours - we get (for sure) 64 mpg back and fore to work (town) and 74 motorway.
I have a 3litre v6 Merc that gives me 46 mpg - that's twice as heavy too.
Needs checking out.

Trikeman.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
Peugeot 107 toad now sold - must be a record. Put on ebay for the second time and sold with buy it now within 7 mins of going on.
Surprised and a little shocked but gone to good home.(y)

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our sons got a 206 sport 2006 with only 23k on the clock. Full service history . Black red interior.
He's selling. Could you pm or say what you got for it please?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Our sons got a 206 sport 2006 with only 23k on the clock. Full service history . Black red interior.
He's selling. Could you pm or say what you got for it please?
Thanks.

@Ralph-n-Bev
PMed.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Peugeot 107 toad now sold - must be a record. Put on ebay for the second time and sold with buy it now within 7 mins of going on
I did similar..... spent 20 or 30 minutes typing up the text of an advert for a caravan. posted it up live and 15 minutes later got a phone call and sold it to them. Really was the much abused "first to see will buy" but I already knew it was a popular model, was spotless and sensibly priced. Maybe I could of asked slightly more and had the hassle of showing it to a succession of tme wasters. I know which way I prefer things and believe that there is always somebody looking for what youre selling. just got to target the right audience with the right advert and be honest

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back