Morocco 2016 (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I know it's a tad early, but anyone got plans on going over in Jan, we will probably go over in the first week 7th or 8th again, hoping to get on the road in Oct and meander down south(y)
HJ

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Thread maybe nearer the end of the year :)

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
"we will probably go over in the first week of jan again, hoping to get on the road in Oct and meander down south(y)"

Same as us.
Xmas & new year in spain this time, then see you all in maroc.
Can't wait to escape from the uk 'summer'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
There is another thread running "Morroco 2016" (spelt incorrectly so it doesn't show in a search). Quite a few interested in going over this winter, including us and I'll probably co-ordinate another Funster group crossing for around 12 January. Won't be doing much though until October - too early yet. Anybody interested in joining the group note your interest here, or on the other thread and we'll be in touch.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
(y)Could'nt find the other thread Terry to add to watch list:sick: even put it in with incorrect spelling? Will look out for it, hope to catch up with you this year(y)
HJ

Have a good trip down Daz n Lyn, who knows our paths may cross while meandering(y)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
My green card has arrived and it's valid from 1st December until 31st March so I will be over there at some point. I found the border crossing very stressful first time round and would welcome someone to travel over with.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
My green card has arrived and it's valid from 1st December until 31st March so I will be over there at some point. I found the border crossing very stressful first time round and would welcome someone to travel over with.

The border is a lot better nowadays, we had no probs last year. Terry posted the procedure on 2014 thread he will probably be able to run you through it.
More than welcome to cross with us.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The border is a lot better nowadays, we had no probs last year. Terry posted the procedure on 2014 thread he will probably be able to run you through it.
More than welcome to cross with us.

It's all in the "Resources" section (dark blue line at top of the page). I'll shortly be adding some more info we gave out at the presentation we did at Malvern.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
New camp at Tafroute ? Do you have any more information on this!
We too are planning to cross first week in Jan, heading down just before new years eve and looking forward to meeting up again with some of the Funsters we met their this year.
Safe Travels

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
New camp at Tafroute ? Do you have any more information on this!
We too are planning to cross first week in Jan, heading down just before new years eve and looking forward to meeting up again with some of the Funsters we met their this year.
Safe Travels
Same one as last year Phil;) hope to catch up with you both this year(y)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
All being well we will be over this time probably leaving bennidorm around the 7th January crossing over when we get there around 9th to 12th then more than likely down to zagora area for a long chill out

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Same one as last year Phil;) hope to catch up with you both this year(y)
My understanding is that the new hotel complex being built here has put an end to the camping we were evicted from. Are you saying that motorhomes have been allowed back onto the same site to wild camp as before !

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We are hoping to pick up our pvc on Tuesday our first mh ! Then after a few days getting used to every thing plan to cross the channel and make our way south , we would realy like to join your group going to morroco if that's ok ?:france:

You're very welcome. Keep an eye on the thread.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
only take the dog if it as had a blood test done and you have a copy of the result and it was a good one .
spain as been known to refuse dogs reentry if no blood test papers .
its the old british standard test.
years ago they didnt bother but over the last 8-9 years its got common . for the cost its not worth not having it done .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
are all you guys not concerned about the increase in morrocan terrorists looking to kill westerners?? was nice knowing you and I am sure we will hold a memorial meet to remember you

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
are all you guys not concerned about the increase in morrocan terrorists looking to kill westerners?? was nice knowing you and I am sure we will hold a memorial meet to remember you
There are more people:rolleyes: in Bradford dewsbury batley and so on that want to kill me then in Marocco

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
try looking at recent news, such as the 25 year old morrocan on a french train armed with ak47, handgun and knife

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_Islamic_Combatant_Group and there are plenty more

I certainly will be avoiding predominantly muslim countries. in my opinion visiting north africa with the current situation is foolish at best. who is going to get you, your surviving partner and your motorhome out of a warzone when it all kicks off. yes its a lovely country and good weather to avoid our winter. but is it worth the risks?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
try looking at recent news, such as the 25 year old morrocan on a french train armed with ak47, handgun and knife

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_Islamic_Combatant_Group and there are plenty more

I certainly will be avoiding predominantly muslim countries. in my opinion visiting north africa with the current situation is foolish at best. who is going to get you, your surviving partner and your motorhome out of a warzone when it all kicks off. yes its a lovely country and good weather to avoid our winter. but is it worth the risks?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

OK thanks for that! Had a read of the link which refers to attacks in 2003/ 2004 but nothing after ?
I.M.O. to make such an alarmist claim on the basis of one individual's (terrorist on French Train) nationality is unjustified. Especially when one knows a lot of people will be following this thread and contemplating travelling to Morocco for the first time and may be put off from travelling.
Would you have said do not travel to the U.S.A. if this person was American ?
My advice is simple, if you are contemplating travelling to Morocco or any other country for that matter is to follow the advice from the Foreign Office.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back