Chemicals in wrong bottle (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Nah then, .............Just a word of warning with the blue stuff for the toilet,.....I stored mine in a old plastic milk bottle and it sort of exploded making a right mess and caused breathing and eye irritation.......BE CAREFULL
image.jpg

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Nasty !

Given that you do get any on clothes or furniture then, from bitter experience, we washed the blue garment in cold water to get off as much as possible and then- the important bit- hung it in bright sunshine. The dye is very photo-reactive and after a few hours, there was no sign at all of the blue stain.

This was in Spain however...not sure about UK sunshine this year though !

Upvote 0

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Prob as not to carry 5lt bottle? I always worry about kids finding it in a non safe kiddy top lid

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Having worked in an A&E dept. I have seen no end of situations where things in wrong bottles have caused big problems, sometimes fatal ones. How many times must I have seen patients who put all their tablets into one bottle to save having to mess about with more than one bottle. At the time they might think they know which are which but it can be crucial if they should be involved in an accident or suddenly become too unwell to communicate in an emergency.

I recall an incident when Jeyes fluid had been put into another container for some reason. It turned out to be a Coke bottle. When the family were having a party someone found it and took a swig from the bottle with horrific consequences.

Need I say more?

Wyn

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deleted User
A vote for the blue stuff here.

Been using it for years, never any issues with smell etc. tried the bio stuff after all the recommendations on here and the bog smelt like...... Well a bog.

Mind you I've never tried drinking it :eek:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back