How you miss it when it's not there (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This is the second weekend without reliable internet. In just 10 years we have become so used to being connected. I hate it when I cannot get on line. Rather than forget about it, I find myself constantly checking for a signal and cursing when it's not there. Is it only me that misses being connected so much?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would hate that.......would have to go out and BUY a newspaper:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Jim, like most people these days, we are all use to using all forms of Social Media all the time even if we don't check our phone or tablet every 2 seconds, we all expect there to be a signal ever out in the wilds. If there's not we feel slightly bereft but we are not like you trying to run a forum only trying to enjoy ourselves. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are special classes where you all sit in a circle and discuss these types of problems Jim. Should I get you an enrollment form?;)
He knows what he's talking about @Jim. You should have seen his eyes glaze over when I showed him my Green Card :LOL:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Dont know as we have never been without home internet.(-; however it can be a pain in some places when abroard.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
This is the second weekend without reliable internet. In just 10 years we have become so used to being connected. I hate it when I cannot get on line. Rather than forget about it, I find myself constantly checking for a signal and cursing when it's not there. Is it only me that misses being connected so much?

If we loose Internet or phones then our business is effectively shut down until all it restored - we can keep going if we have power cuts for a while . Due to BT 's useless back up in the past we now use Daisy Communications as a provider and to be honest if we hit the panic button with them the results are excellent we are always 1st back on line in the area and generally have an engineer on site within 2 hours although most times they can sort remotely

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I know the feeling well after being in France for 10 or more weeks with less than one candle power but hoorah we now have a landline and 10/11 Kbps

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
I got it too!

Internet addiction disorder (IAD) can't stop buying cr*****p.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I HATE it when I have no internet :(

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
I now use an EE 4GEE mobile WiFi device. Smaller than a pack of cigarettes and it gives me quick, inexpensive and reliable access wherever I am.
I'm so impressed with it that I won't bother to renew my CC Air Angel deal.
Stef.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Nope doesn't bother me at all I got this little spider that I watch building his intricate web; hes been around for ages, and I'v seen his family grow up an leave the web:cry:, I can still recognize them all when they come to visit :) Some times when the internet is down for 3 or 4 hours or more we play games(y), I stick my e-cig through his web and watch him running round fixing it, some times when hes nearly finished repairing it,I stick
my e-cig in another place:LOL: Oh we do have Fun:nod::giggler:

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Sounds like you are web obsessed to me!

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I now use an EE 4GEE mobile WiFi device. Smaller than a pack of cigarettes and it gives me quick, inexpensive and reliable access wherever I am.
I'm so impressed with it that I won't bother to renew my CC Air Angel deal.
Stef.

Been on EE 4GEE for two years now and it is utter rubbish, almost every showground we've been to had little coverage and last week at Malvern it was totally non existant for internet, even the phone service was poor.

D.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I used to freak when I couldn't get an internet connection but over time I've learned to "embrace" the occasional 'freedom'.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
90% of my work involves the internet & a good proportion of my social life is internet related in some form or other, although I don't really 'do' social media.

I'm just arranging to spend a long weekend over this coming August Bank Holiday in a Nth Yorks valley where we will struggle to talk on a mobile phone, much less get 3 or 4G.

I'm still trying to decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. :confused::unsure: Withdrawal symptoms are a given, but we will have live music to distract us. I have warned the OH to make sure she has downloaded everything she wants before we leave.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Been on EE 4GEE for two years now and it is utter rubbish, almost every showground we've been to had little coverage and last week at Malvern it was totally non existant for internet, even the phone service was poor.

D.
Change to Three, Dave. We were able to get coverage on our 3G Huawei 2 years ago. We now have the Huawei 5732 with Addy's aerial and we've been OK all over the country.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Change to Three, Dave. We were able to get coverage on our 3G Huawei 2 years ago. We now have the Huawei 5732 with Addy's aerial and we've been OK all over the country.

We're planning to visit Carphone Warehouse tomorrow Graham to look at our options. Business colleagues have had good coverage with O2 and Voda get good reports quite often.

D.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We're planning to visit Carphone Warehouse tomorrow Graham to look at our options. Business colleagues have had good coverage with O2 and Voda get good reports quite often.

D.
Carphone Warehouse don't deal with Three, Dave, so they will sell you anything but. However, if you get an unlocked MiFi you could easily try a Three SIM in it.

Check out the web sites before you go out as well. All devices sold by Three are unlocked these days and you may find a better price on a Huawei 4G MiFi there.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
we had no problem using a homing pigeon until we sent one to TARAN_LAS the tracker was lost in west wales i bet it ended up in a pot in a m/h in west wales , now we use a EAGLE not a problem with that one going down to popeye soon lol still lol dark in Swansea now and wet LOVE RAY XXXXX

Reactions: GJH
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I've not lost my connection since moving to kirbys cross
But when we lived in east tilbury 4 years running the scrap collectors
Lifted the bit box lids on a back lane used a chainsaw an transit truck