advice from experienced motorhome owners please! (1 Viewer)

Kch

Free Member
Aug 20, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not yet
Exp
Just looking at buying a motorhome for myself and 3 dogs, didn't realise just how complicated that was going to be! Narrowed it down for the moment to 7m long and less than 2.3m wide (I'm used to driving LWB sprinter with car trailer), rear transverse bed (stop dogs jumping up). Looking at hymer MLT 560 and Dethleff Globebus t8. Also want level floor. Are there any other that people would suggest? At moment pretending money no object. Would greatly appreciate advice from those with experience.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Your post was very interesting as apart from us only having 2 dogs it's pretty much where we found ourselves in July!

We went to Lowdhams (Nottingham) with our short list, expecting to buy the MLT 560.

However, in the end we specced up and negotiated an excellent deal on the MLi 560 instead. Yes, it was dearer than the MLT but the integrated design made it fell much bigger inside and crucially the floor was flat(ie no steps inside) , which seems to be a feature on many Fiat based A classes (certainly the Hymers)

Good luck with your search

Reactions: Kch
Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If it helps, the checklist we used is Here. It won't be exactly what you want but it may be better than starting with a blank sheet of paper.
Pfffft, no mention of three dogs in that list Graham :p

Reactions: Kch
Upvote 0

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Had to google it ..

DOG:

a domesticated carnivorous mammal that typically has a long snout, an acute sense of smell, non-retractile claws, and a barking, howling, or whining voice.

Wow sounds scary!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back