Built by Carthago - 'pimped' by Vanbitz (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
En-route to collect my van which has just been 'pimped' by Vanbitz

We've opted to have the 2kw inverter they'd fitted into our Bessie earlier in the year, removed and re-installed, enabling Mrs C to enjoy her favourite cafe late wherever we find ourselves.

Next a pair of solar panels to keep the batteries topped up when camping 'off grid' and finally, Air Conditioning, which we decided was an 'essential' after our recent trip to Southern France, where temperatures reached the mid 30's and we literally fried in our old Bessie

Now we're ready for our first 'proper' trip in the new van - 13 days to the Italian Lakes, departing next weekend.

Thanks to Ash, James, Lyn, Eddie and all the team @eddievanbitz for an ongoing level of customer service which other companies could only aspire to.

Keep doing what you're doing, because when customers have 'real' problems, these guys certainly pull out all the stops to ensure total customer satisfaction.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
what a/c unit did they fit plse....will be interested in noise level as there are some quieter ones around now I think ( had a waeco years ago and it was impossible!)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
what a/c unit did they fit plse....will be interested in noise level as there are some quieter ones around now I think ( had a waeco years ago and it was impossible!)
We went for this one based on van size
Will report back on noise as soon as properly tested, however we'd only use it to cool down bedroom before retiring, rather than running all night
http://www.dometic.co.uk/product/dometic-freshjet-2600/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Now we're ready for our first 'proper' trip in the new van - 13 days to the Italian Lakes, departing next weekend.
We have just returned from that area, and you are so going to need the aircon!

@eddievanbitz doesn't know it yet, but our van is shortly paying him a visit to have 2KW inverter and solar, it's on our wish list. As soon as the van has it's gearbox refitted, we're off to see him :D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Oooh! top tip for the aircon usage in hot countries, I should have mentioned earlier @Robert Clark. Water is going to pour off of the roof when it is running, so try to level up with a bias to the side where the hab door isn't. In other words, you want the van leaning very slightly to that side. The water will then run off away from where people are entering the van! :D

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Water is going to pour off of the roof when it is running,

Make sure you run a hose from the roof into your grey water container @Robert Clark or the motorhome police will be out to get you...........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
My cat would have been cooked in italy this may/june if we hadn't got aircon fitted. (Now now cat haters, don't bother).
It's a bit noisy on full blast but that's better than melting alive in your van! I'm sure its the same model @Robert Clark
We found if we close sleeping area off while aircon is on it gets cooler in there.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
My cat would have been cooked in italy this may/june if we hadn't got aircon fitted. (Now now cat haters, don't bother).
It's a bit noisy on full blast but that's better than melting alive in your van! I'm sure its the same model @Robert Clark
We found if we close sleeping area off while aircon is on it gets cooler in there.
We leave our two dogs in the van when we go out after a long swim and rinse down. I have a device that sends me a txt message if some moron unplugs the mains whilst we are out.

Does take a weight off our minds

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Didn't go for a reversing cam then :). Only joking Eddie hopefully when our van arrives we will be paying you a visit also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back