1st trip to Wales (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have never taken Buster to Wales and are planning a long weekend in October - can anybody recommend some good sites?

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We live near Oxford, but apart from the far north of Wales pretty open minded.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
Elan valley. Go up to the dams and wild camp. Mid wakes. Then head to devils bridge. Same again.. Then aberyswith and wild camp behind railway station opposite police station opposite

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
wales is a big country, if you want mountains head to snowdonia, sites in beddgelert, if you want long sandy beaches head to pembrey, then st davids. then head north. it all depends on your timescale. what we like you might not etc.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We used to go to this lovely site http://www.dolbryn.co.uk. It is close to some lovely Market towns and coast. The site is lovely and they have a little bar and real fire in the eve just for the campers.

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
We used to go to this lovely site http://www.dolbryn.co.uk. It is close to some lovely Market towns and coast. The site is lovely and they have a little bar and real fire in the eve just for the campers.
Looks good...but love the typo on the bank holiday offer at the bottom
Paul

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Looks good...but love the typo on the bank holiday offer at the bottom
Paul
I can't see a typo but i don't notice things :) i think they were referring to last May BH and have not removed it :)

We had a great time at this site, very child/pet friendly.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Great suggestions so far.
A little tour - do the big pit great day out drive via Brecon and onto the dolaucothi gold mines visit red kite camping then if time permitting coast around New quay . Back by the eLAN valley and rhayader.
Could do it in a few days or take a fortnight over it.
Take u‘r rain gear in Oct.

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Beat the Bank holiday blues and book one of our large coming pods from 24th to 26th May for just £82.50.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The far north is nice too. Honest;)
Nowt wrong with Rhyl and Prestatyn, nearest sea to us been going all my life, started off on steam trains through roughing it in old vans , renting statics, owning statics:( (that was a bad idea) , visiting in motorhome, the lot(y):)

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Pembrokeshire is our favourite and good if you'd like to walk the coastal path. If you just want basic and on grass then there is a campsite right on the path at Broadhaven Beach near Bosherston (no EHU) and one also on the path at West Hook farm Marloes (good for crossing to Skomer Island) also no EHU or there is the CC site at Freshwater on the coast path. To be honest there are loads of campsites in the area or Farm sites with hard standings.
St David's as others mention is a nice little town (city actually) with cathedral & campsite walking distance at Caerfi Bay also a couple at white sands Bay.

The Ceredigion coast is lovely too with cliff top coastal walks as is Carmarthenshire and the Gower when you could also visit Swansea. If you want mountains and small towns then either the Brecon Beacons or Black Mountain are nice. We like Crickhowell, interesting little town with pubs, cafes shops etc there's a little site by the river. Talybont on Usk is a village with a farm site with some EHU but most pitches are grass. It's close to the canal so u can cycle to Brecon or to Crickhowell. There's Cardiff City campsite if you want to be in centre of Cardiff. We go and stay for a weekend even though we only live 25 miles away. It's a fantastic city with loads to do and there is also Cardif Bay for bars, cafes theatre & walk across the barrage.

I could go on all day but need a clue for what you like and what you are looking for. If you want all singing and dancing sites then I don't know much about those though. :)

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks everybody, some great suggestions.

Looks like we need 3-4 weeks rather than a long weekend...:)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have never taken Buster to Wales and are planning a long weekend in October - can anybody recommend some good sites?

Hope he has webbed feet :D BUSBY.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
welcome to wales from oxford down the m4 to the gower short trip enjoy lol still lol ray

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to me, going "home" to Wales is always enjoyable and I dont think its just me, but feels like winding the clock back several years. Back to a slower pace of life and back to where people actually talk to each other, even strangers. plenty of great places to visit and things to see too...Enjoy yourselves and take your time. no need to rush it as you can always go again and see more

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Have a look at this months MMM. West Wales tour as a starter then add on what you fancy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back