Lastest POI's for Aires in Europe (1 Viewer)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Good morning everyone.

Does anyone have a link to the latest Aires in France, Spain and Portugal for the TomTom?

Thank you.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for that. I've managed to get most of them sorted but I can't seem to find ones for Spain and Portugal. I had them last year, deleted them and, of course, can't remember where I found them!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
More help required.

When I download the aires for France/Spain/Portugal and upload them to the TomTom it over writes the previous files. So, If I install France and then Spain, it overwrites the French ones as they all have the same name so I have Spain but not France - this goes for all countries - it just overwrites the previous.

Can anyone help?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
You need to rename the files so they are distinct for each country. For example, when I download POI files from CC-Infos, the one containing everything is called 'Totales' or something like that for each country. I use a naming convention that helps me identify the relevant file: e.g. CCI_FR.csv for France, CCI_DE.csv for Germany, CCI_NL.csv for Holland.
In your case, if downloading TomTom files, replace .csv in my example with .ov2 as that is the correct format for TT.
Having done that, you need to copy the map icon file and make one with each name to match the POI file. they are bitmaps, so copying my naming convention above, you need CCI_FR.bmp, CCI_DE.bmp and CCI_NL.bmp. It does not matter that they are all the same image - the file names must match the POI file.
Then put the whole lot in an upload folder and upload them to the SatNav.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Excellent! Thanks. I wonder why they don't just do that themselves?

Anyhow, I shall get onto it now.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
You need to rename the files so they are distinct for each country. For example, when I download POI files from CC-Infos, the one containing everything is called 'Totales' or something like that for each country. I use a naming convention that helps me identify the relevant file: e.g. CCI_FR.csv for France, CCI_DE.csv for Germany, CCI_NL.csv for Holland.
In your case, if downloading TomTom files, replace .csv in my example with .ov2 as that is the correct format for TT.
Having done that, you need to copy the map icon file and make one with each name to match the POI file. they are bitmaps, so copying my naming convention above, you need CCI_FR.bmp, CCI_DE.bmp and CCI_NL.bmp. It does not matter that they are all the same image - the file names must match the POI file.
Then put the whole lot in an upload folder and upload them to the SatNav.

I'm quoting this so I can say a heartfelt thank you. I've had it up to here with SatNavs this week and the problems I've had zapped my self confidence. I followed your instructions to the letter and they're all on there now. PHEW! And thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back