Calling Autotrail Cheyanne 840 D Owners (1 Viewer)

DandP

Free Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ely
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Caravanning for 10 years
We have after much research, decided that this may be the motorhome for us. Can any of you who have one offer advice on it. We are looking to buy an 08/09 but they seem to be rare in our part of the world so have not had the opportunity to have a real good look at one. We realise they are a fairly long vehicle so could you let us know if you have had problems with pitches in this country and France, Italy and Greece. This is where we intend to travel with it. All advice gratefully received. Cheers. Dave

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
About the same as our Chieftain
Absolutely no issue all over Europe.. We have done 17 ( from memory ) countries, and never once had a problem of any sort worth mentioning..

About the worst I can say is that many times the grey water dump has been awkward if not impossibe to use.. but apart from that.. all good :)

OP
OP
DandP

DandP

Free Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ely
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Caravanning for 10 years
That's a good start. Puts to bed some of the fears that I have had put on me by people saying MH's of this size struggle to find sites. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
As above no problems at all with pitch size and driving a vehicle of that size. If a bus can use the route you intend to take then you will also get through. Just a word of advice, if your finances will stretch look at 2010 plated comanche as this is the same layout as the 840D but a better spec. They moved the 840D into the 'Frontier ' range with a plusher interior, a frontier rear end and better looking exterior. We have never looked back since we purchased ours.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
As above no problems at all with pitch size and driving a vehicle of that size. If a bus can use the route you intend to take then you will also get through. Just a word of advice, if your finances will stretch look at 2010 plated comanche as this is the same layout as the 840D but a better spec. They moved the 840D into the 'Frontier ' range with a plusher interior, a frontier rear end and better looking exterior. We have never looked back since we purchased ours.
We nearly brought the commanche last year but opted for the delaware instead, the only reason being that my drive would not take the extra 3ft, everything else was the same between the 2 (just longer seating area at the front). Still i would of brought it just for that to be honest :) . Either way you wont have any issues in where you want to go with the cheyenne. Good luck.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Can I ask do you put your TV on the small cupboard by the door in the lounge ? Are there connections fitted there. Not sure I could watch the drop down one in the cab for long.

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
We live in ours full time as wardens so my table lives in the garage. I modified the storage area above the cab to take a 27" full HD smart tv on slide out rails with a tilt down bracket. New satellite & hdmi cables have been installed to my humax freesat box that lives on a shelf behind the tv with a sound bar above the tv. It all slides away with the locker doors closed for travelling & nobody knows it's there. I have also run an hdmi cable from my sat reciever box located in the power locker just behind & above the drivers seat to a hdmi socket located above the cupboard by the main door. This then allows me to watch 12v tv from our oyster dish when off grid. (When I get the avtex )

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
That's what I like about this site. Its amazing the ideas that other people come up with. Sounds a great set up. Does the van stand up well to full timing?

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Yes it does, as long as you treat it with care. The curved kitchen cupboard door fell off going around a roundabout in France. Small screws into 15mm mdf. The hinges are now bolted through to the narrow upright rack cupboard. Pleased that we have a warranty as we have had the truma water/heater replaced and a new fridge freezer. The water heater is the new digital one so we upgraded the controls to the truma CP+ which allows control of the heating by
1 degree increments and it can also be timed. Well worth the £200

OP
OP
DandP

DandP

Free Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ely
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Caravanning for 10 years
Thanks for all your comments. Our big problem seems to be there are not many for sale and none near us in Ely, Cambridgeshire. They are all up north or in the West Country .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back