Camping & Caravan Club - La Manga Winter Rally (1 Viewer)

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hi,
For anyone who is going or thinking of going to the Winter Sun Rally at Camping La Manga in Spain Ena and I will be Assistant Stewards there from New Year's Eve until 21st March 2016. We are looking forward to the challenge and to ensuring that all those going have a great time.
We would love to hear from anyone who is going there or has any questions about the rally. It's a great place with loads of facilities right on the beach at the side of the Mar Menor as well as a good bar/restaurant and shop. There are plenty of activities arranged by ourselves and the Head Stewards Gerry and Trish - cycling, dinners, games, dances, music, arts and crafts, etc. etc.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/european/spain/costacalida/lamanga

Regards
Phil and Ena Jackson

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
Hi, yes it is, the ccc only take over a part of it and it is a large site.

Excellent, most generous!

Can you save me a prime quiet freeloaders pitch with wyfy, cable TV and 'dancing girls'? I like my tea weak with a spot of milk and no sugar.....ohh, ohh and choccy bikkies, I love choccy bikkies!

Sorry, good luck, sounds a hoot!

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I will have to have words with the boss. and if they can sort out the ports.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We will be there from the end of October until the end of March in what will be our ninth year at La Manga so will see you there.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Is the site open to non members?
Robert, it is a huge commercial site. Lots of static's / chalets. Lots of Brits overwinter there - my brother goes back every year, but not our cup of tea. Good social scene on site (often involving copious amounts of alcohol) but not a lot interesting within walking distance.

Given your avatar you might like it - the only place I have seen a 2 storey caravan - one welded on top of the other!

Peter

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert, it is a huge commercial site. Lots of static's / chalets. Lots of Brits overwinter there - my brother goes back every year, but not our cup of tea. Good social scene on site (often involving copious amounts of alcohol) but not a lot interesting within walking distance.

Given your avatar you might like it - the only place I have seen a 2 storey caravan - one welded on top of the other!

Peter
Like you Peter we dont 'do' crowds
Working on a plan to go to tour Mercia and then Granada, Córdoba and Seville.
We lived in Spain for a couple of years and never made it to the Alhambra - will not fail this time !

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi Phil and Ena john from Lo-monte glad you got the job and all the best, will try and pop in to see you
John and Mary

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Working on a plan to go to tour Mercia and then Granada, Córdoba and Seville.
We lived in Spain for a couple of years and never made it to the Alhambra - will not fail this time !
Sounds a good plan.

But my advice would be not to waste the opportunity while you are down there to go further west and into Portugal. Great for motorhoming with plenty of Aires and places to wild camp. We loved it.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sounds a good plan.

But my advice would be not to waste the opportunity while you are down there to go further west and into Portugal. Great for motorhoming with plenty of Aires and places to wild camp. We loved it.
Portugal is on our list for next spring when the weather is a bit kinder, we thought southern Spain would be a safer bet in January. Unless you'd suggest otherwise?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We called in la manga while we were touring near there, had a cycle round, so many weird configurations of caravans, fifth wheels most looking as if they haven't moved in years. As someone said 2 storey caravans. Lots of brit cars parked on the verges. Didn't see the clubhouse but they have their own supermarket. We talked with a few brits outside the supermarket. Not really our cuppa. But thanks for the invite.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Portugal is on our list for next spring when the weather is a bit kinder, we thought southern Spain would be a safer bet in January. Unless you'd suggest otherwise?
I may be wrong but I thought inland Spain, even in the South could be cold in January. When we were on the coast last year in March we thought about going to Granada, but the weather looked cold at that time compared with where we were.

We were in Portugal in early April this year and the weather was mainly good - shorts and T shirts most of the time. But we has two or three wet days in the Algarve, including a spectacular thunder storm, but it soon clears up.

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Sp
Hi Phil and Ena john from Lo-monte glad you got the job and all the best, will try and pop in to see you
John and Mary

It'll be lovely to see you again. We'll be popping up to Lo Monte as well to see friends so we'll see you there or La Manga.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Oh that's
The clubhouse/bar is at the far end of the site from the entrance - its on the beach over looking the Mar Menor.
Oh that's the clubhouse, we'd had a nice meal in there, very busy, lovely view too!

Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
Hi Phil

Its a bit of a "marmite site" you love or hate it - We went for 3 weeks last year to try it out - and are returning this time from early February to mid April. Gerry and Trish are absolutely great - the social side is also good but you only need to join in with what you want to - looking forward to meeting you.

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hi Phil

Its a bit of a "marmite site" you love or hate it - We went for 3 weeks last year to try it out - and are returning this time from early February to mid April. Gerry and Trish are absolutely great - the social side is also good but you only need to join in with what you want to - looking forward to meeting you.

Yes Jim(?), I think you've summed it up perfectly and Gerry and Trish are very nice and we are looking forward to helping them. A big part of the job is organising activities and it's always difficult to please everyone. However, it's not something anyone is forced into and if anyone wants to dip in they will be more than welcome.
We lived in the area so we can help with nice places to visit.
We look forward to meeting you

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Hi,
For anyone who is going or thinking of going to the Winter Sun Rally at Camping La Manga in Spain Ena and I will be Assistant Stewards there from New Year's Eve until 21st March 2016. We are looking forward to the challenge and to ensuring that all those going have a great time.
We would love to hear from anyone who is going there or has any questions about the rally. It's a great place with loads of facilities right on the beach at the side of the Mar Menor as well as a good bar/restaurant and shop. There are plenty of activities arranged by ourselves and the Head Stewards Gerry and Trish - cycling, dinners, games, dances, music, arts and crafts, etc. etc.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/european/spain/costacalida/lamanga

Regards
Phil and Ena Jackson

Hi Just booked 2 weeks from mid march, our first rally. Just to see what it is like, travelling down end of Feb and staying at a couple of other sites, looking forward to meeting some functors there!
Linda

swidy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
wakefield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Hi I've just booked the ferry to Santander for 22nd November and to be on la manga site from 18th decmber for 3 weeks its our first rally in Spain. we will be on the coast around Valencia and working our way down, soooo excited lol

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hope they have improved the WiFi? since 2008. we had pitch there for 3 months. was VERY expensive to keep in touch with grandkids. Bar Restaurant was OK and general access good. Cartagena is worth a Visit. If you feel fit, try a walk up to the gun battery!.

If you are into water (boats ski etc;) excellent access to the Mar Menor.

As the man said "Marmite". we enjoyed it and had planned to go back, but you cannot pass up the chance to Long term R-V in the USA!, and spend time with the Texas kids.

Pete

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Hope they have improved the WiFi? since 2008. we had pitch there for 3 months. was VERY expensive to keep in touch with grandkids. Bar Restaurant was OK and general access good. Cartagena is worth a Visit. If you feel fit, try a walk up to the gun battery!.

If you are into water (boats ski etc;) excellent access to the Mar Menor.

As the man said "Marmite". we enjoyed it and had planned to go back, but you cannot pass up the chance to Long term R-V in the USA!, and spend time with the Texas kids.

Pete
Good WiFi and TV for 1 euro a day.

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hi,
Just catching up with posts after 6 weeks in France with very limited WiFi access........going to change to 3 network asap!
We're counting down to our departure on 27th December and really looking forward to it. For anyone who is going there will be three very dedicated and experienced couples there as stewards and we hope we can make all our visitors stays an enjoyable one. I hope any Funsters will come and make themselves known to us.

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
Hiya.
Hope you have a fab time bet you cant wait to get out there. I have heard all about the fun things out there.

On a personal side of this post .
My mother and farther in law Sandria and David (who are funsters) are out there at the moment untill march . Please say hi to them and give them both a hug from us. we keep sending emails but they not responding. i hope they are having fun.
Please look after them for us :) we are missing them lots.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
There's a C&CC rally on Marjal Costa Blanca as well.

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hiya.
Hope you have a fab time bet you cant wait to get out there. I have heard all about the fun things out there.

On a personal side of this post .
My mother and farther in law Sandria and David (who are funsters) are out there at the moment untill march . Please say hi to them and give them both a hug from us. we keep sending emails but they not responding. i hope they are having fun.
Please look after them for us :) we are missing them lots.

We will indeed and if you do manage to get in touch ask them to come and make themselves known.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it :)

After the hell-hole known as Cap Blanche at Altea, this was just so much better in every way.

We got a nice spot on the eastern side and had sun all day :)

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back