E-cigarettes inside your motorhome (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
News today that in England, not Wales e-cigarettes are safe to use and could become a medicine but are they safe enough to smoke inside your motorhomes. What do your non smoking partners think.:censored:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No smell, no residue and my lungs are now clear! My wife is pleased I went onto them!
As is my doctor.
Does your lovely wife allow you to smoke them inside your motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
News today that in England, not Wales e-cigarettes are safe to use and could become a medicine but are they safe enough to smoke inside your motorhomes. What do your non smoking partners think.:censored:

Does your lovely wife allow you to smoke them inside your motorhome.
:reel::reel::reel: as so often :doh:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Don't know what e-cigs you're using but our daughter used to use them and had all sorts of different "flavours" and some of them were absolutely disgusting - worse than the smell of smoke! Think the worse one for smell was a caramel flavour.

Certainly wouldn't have allowed her to "smoke" it in our van or the house. Always had to go outside.

Denise

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
:reel::reel::reel: as so often :doh:
Graham this is the biggest news story of today, how come you interpret posts on this news story as fishing. Motorhomes are extremely confined places. If in years to come e-cigarettes are found to be as lethal as normal cigarettes or even asbestos then it would be too late for anyone who has shared this space with a smoker.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Graham this is the biggest news story of today, how come you interpret posts on this news story as fishing. Motorhomes are extremely confined places. If in years to come e-cigarettes are found to be as lethal as normal cigarettes or even asbestos then it would be too late for anyone who has shared this space with a smoker.
I didn't know you could smoke Asbestos:unsure:, it doesn't burn, Humm must give it a try:cool:(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Don't know what e-cigs you're using but our daughter used to use them and had all sorts of different "flavours" and some of them were absolutely disgusting - worse than the smell of smoke! Think the worse one for smell was a caramel flavour.
Certainly wouldn't have allowed her to "smoke" it in our van or the house. Always had to go outside.
Denise
You have to remember Denise that it is on the say so of a smoker that e-cigarettes dont smell and we all know that their sense of smell has long gone. Personally I know that they stink. I can smell the vapor from 100mtrs away.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Terry smokes ecig but not in the van. The 'steam 'vapour gets down my throat like smoke does in a confined area so no he doesn't vape in the van. Horrible smell. Won't even sit downwind of him vaping outside.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Terry smokes ecig but not in the van. The 'steam 'vapour gets down my throat like smoke does in a confined area so no he doesn't vape in the van. Horrible smell. Won't even sit downwind of him vaping outside.
Recently while on holiday the outside areas stunk of the things. For some reason smokers on sunbeds feel obliged to have an e-cigs smoldering for the duration.

Last edited:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I too use one, but the flavour I use (caramel cappucino) leaves a smell that my wife says is like burning wet carpet! So no I don't use it in the motorhome! :D

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The phrase "clutching at straws" springs to mind!

ALL the emerging evidence finds e cigs could save many lives! Also ALL the emerging evidence says they do NOT encourage the young to smoke.

Early days yet but encouraging!
Like all forms of smoking Munchie, as long as smoking regulations are obeyed then everyone is a winner.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The biggest news story on my phone (BBC) is Coe being elected as IAAF president. In terms of most read the e-cig story doesn't even get in the top 10.

Why do I think it is fishing? I refer you to all the previous threads you have started on smoking and e-cigs.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Recently while on holiday the outside ares stunk of the things. For some reason smokers on sunbeds feel obliged to have an e-cigs smoldering for the duration.
o_OE- cigs don't smolder get the facts right!! and any smells better than pub toilets and stale food, as I'v posted before I Couldn't stay in a pub in the UK when I was last over there they stunk :(.I had to go out and have a :smoke::nod: I will agree that the exceptional amount of "Vapor" shown on tv was a bad example, of Biased Medea, even I couldn't be near that idiot(n)

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
you all need to read the warning labels on the bottles of the vapors.. can kill is swallowed,, so they are not safe at all

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The biggest news story on my phone (BBC) is Coe being elected as IAAF president. In terms of most read the e-cig story doesn't even get in the top 10.

Why do I think it is fishing? I refer you to all the previous threads you have started on smoking and e-cigs.
Pry tell me Graham are we all barred from discussing smoking on this forum. Something that is a big factor while using a motorhome.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
you all need to read the warning labels on the bottles of the vapors.. can kill is swallowed,, so they are not safe at all
Because nicotine is a poison if ingested in sufficient quantities, when vaporised you are only ingesting a microscopic amount of nicotine, to swallow the liquid, the dose would be massive.
As a sort of side post, nicotine used to be the active ingredient in insecticide!

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
So how many of you allow smoking in your motorhome with the doors shut. If you have visitors do you allow them to smoke inside the van also. Perhaps I should start a poll.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back