French Toll Tag (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Just back from our annual trip to France. First time we used our Liberty Tag. Brilliant!! I got so excited each time we entered or left a toll road and the barrier raised with a ping and then pinged when we came off! Even better, I didn't have to hang out the window risking life and limb each time or hold my breathe when I popped my credit card in the machine and hoped it would pop out again. Yes I know all about using non toll roads but sometimes needs must! Probably a slight extravagance I know but I loved it!!

For anyone else who may want to take the plunge go for it.
https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/?gclid=CIj9zP-IsMcCFfQatAodd_0CDQ

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've decided I'm getting one before we go again.

It's worth €16 a year for convenience.

Steveth

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Wherever We Are Parked
Funster No
MH
Swift Esprit462 (Freddie)
Exp
Since 2014
We use one, so much easier, especially at night when the toll booths are usually not manned.
Remember they take the money from your bank account up to 2 months after you made the journey. You may need to allow for that.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for that Andrea. It says you need to put a booking reference when you apply so I'll apply when we book our next trip.
If you are a frequent traveller you can put in that reference, but the above offer only applies to vehicles in Class 1, 2 or Class 5 (under 3m in height and less than 3.5t in weight). https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/Eurotunnel-Le-Shuttle-Offer-Landing-Page

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Now there's a thing. I know what the requirements for Class 2 have always been but we're over 3.5t weight and we've only ever been charged Class 2. Never even had to query it.
You see that confused me too. I was all for ordering three last week, one for us, one for Dad and one for Sabena but according to the above two out of three vans are not eligible. Maybe I will just order them and see what happens - nothing to loose.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You see that confused me too. I was all for ordering three last week, one for us, one for Dad and one for Sabena but according to the above two out of three vans are not eligible. Maybe I will just order them and see what happens - nothing to loose.

The worst thing that can happen is that they withdraw them and you don't get your €20 deposit back. I think I'll be doing the same.

OP
OP
Wicketter
May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
The only disadvantage is that you could end up using toll roads when you don't need to just for the "ping" experience and zapping through while others wait!! Sorry folks I'm such a sad person.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The only disadvantage is that you could end up using toll roads when you don't need to just for the "ping" experience and zapping through while others wait!! Sorry folks I'm such a sad person.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

We always use toll roads so no disadvantage for us. Just set the satnav and get on with it, never ever look for alternative routes.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I've just ordered ours. You can also have extra tags and clips for 5 euros.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Now there's a thing. I know what the requirements for Class 2 have always been but we're over 3.5t weight and we've only ever been charged Class 2. Never even had to query it.

Same here. Also when towing a trailer.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
We always use toll roads so no disadvantage for us. Just set the satnav and get on with it, never ever look for alternative routes.
Only way to go, couldn't agree with you more.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Just back from our annual trip to France. First time we used our Liberty Tag. Brilliant!! I got so excited each time we entered or left a toll road and the barrier raised with a ping and then pinged when we came off! Even better, I didn't have to hang out the window risking life and limb each time or hold my breathe when I popped my credit card in the machine and hoped it would pop out again. Yes I know all about using non toll roads but sometimes needs must! Probably a slight extravagance I know but I loved it!!

We did the same in June, cldn't believe how wonderful it was, so much relief not to try and anticipate where the card or money was going to go, how much it was etc. Better still no queueing. Be using ours again next week :D .......... did you know it works for some car parks too ?

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
We've got one and used it last year with car and caravan but not used it with motorhome.
Our van is 4000kg and 3 metres in height. Do we just use it like we did with car and price is adjusted accordingly or would it not work with bigger motorhome ?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We've got one and used it last year with car and caravan but not used it with motorhome.
Our van is 4000kg and 3 metres in height. Do we just use it like we did with car and price is adjusted accordingly or would it not work with bigger motorhome ?
I would suggest just using it like you did with the car. ..

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Please let us know how you get on with it we are travelling later this year and wondering if over 3500kg can use them.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Please let us know how you get on with it we are travelling later this year and wondering if over 3500kg can use them.

officially not but if you are under 3m high then you will likely be classed as class 2 ( under 3.5T) ours is 3650 and 2.75m high we got charged class 2 as normal on our sanef tag.
brilliant bit of kit as i am also a " set the sat nav and get on with it"! driver.

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
We are over 3m high and over 3500kg and have still been charged as a class 2 when using our tag.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Tag arrived today (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We were always charged as class 2 on ours but on a number of occasions the barrier didn't open automatically as our van was over 3 metres.

It gave me an opportunity though to press the help buzzer and practice my French.

This involved waving my tag thingy and shrugging my shoulders.

They then would lift the barrier and swipe my tag in their kiosk on something.

It ended up being a bit of a hassle so we don't use it in the van anymore.

We will be using it in the car tomorrow though when we hack it down to Spain(y)

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011

Hi Thanks for posting this; I was aware that these existed but kind of assumed they were purely for commecial traffic.

Ordered yesterday, arrived this morning!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back