Motorhome Day Parking in Plymouth (1 Viewer)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Morning all.

I'm catching the boat from Plymouth to Roscoff but the boat doesn't go until 10pm so I've got a day to fill.

I'd quite like to take a look around Plymouth and wonder if there's anywhere for me to safely and legal park?

I'm hoping I can get to the port early and get in the queue so it's only really for though the day.

Any ideas?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Depending on when you get here .at the port you can usually park in the departure lanes for the next ferry ,so long as no other ferries are due,and are back in plenty of time .so check online for departures that day.A reasonable cafe up around the corner in west hoe road .
Lidl / aldi stores withing walking distance union street .
The main city center within walking distance .
Hope this helps a bit
Also big open car park in the center east end at colin Campbell c/p coin meters have seen vans there often but not overnight .
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Hope that you're not travelling in the next two days as the UK Fireworks Championship takes place and the town will be rammed (notwithstanding the whizzbangs)

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Haha, No. I'm not sailing till September 9th. Just getting my plans together.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check them out now.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Info from post by GJH

Plymouth City Council; Parking Page; Park & Ride Page. Plymouth City Council does not provide any dedicated motor home or caravan parking facilities. The council can usually make arrangements for customers to purchase dual bays but they must make contact beforehand as this is not a regular service that is provided and approval of such requests is under the discretion of the Parking Manager. The council allow motor homes and similar vehicles to park within the “park and ride” car parks, of which there are three sites in the city, but do not allow persons to remain inside the vehicle overnight. Plymouth City Council currently has no intention to provide or publish information about facilities for motor homes or caravans, with no plans to do so for the foreseeable future. (Stated 4 October 2013)

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for that. So, it look like finding somewhere else to stay the night before and travel to the Park and Ride in the morning

Thanks all.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hi theres a park & ride just off the A38 outside plymouth by Sainsburys happy travels Rod

A good suggestion. This one's called Coypool. Problem is it fills up very quickly in the morning and the car park is not particularly big.

I would be inclined to use the Milehouse P & R which is at the Plymouth Argyle football stadium. The car park is much bigger so finding a suitable space is less of a problem. Also, it's closer to the city centre so it would be easier to return to the vehicle during the day if necessary.

Stef.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hi I wouldn't think so but there is a caravan club site on the A38 by trago mills which is about 20 mins from Plymouth coming from Exeter cheers Rod

This is the Stover CC site, just a couple of hundred yards off the A38.

A lovely site but, if it's important to you, there is no toilet block.

Stef.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Haven't used it but there is "Riverside" Campsite at Marshmills, Plympton.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back