Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good morning to you all,

My husband Steve and myself Diane met some of you lovely people at the motorhome show at Stratford upon Avon , we don't have a motorhome yet and have been searching for the van that suits us best, not sure if I'm meant to post this here or another forum but we've now found two we like and wondered if any of you can give us your opinions if you own one of these: Swift kon-tiki 655 or the Auto trail Mohican . If I need to post this else where just let me know.
Looking forward to getting to know you all Diane :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Welcome to Fun.

I've no idea about about these vans so sorry, can't advise.

Unfortunately, there aren't many places in Beds with a good range of motorhomes to look at.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome and this is the right place to introduce yourself. You will gets lots of good (and some bad!) advice here about everything.

I am afraid I can't help with your question on the Swift or Autotrail, because I have no first hand knowledge of either, buts lots will. I am willing to bet that you will get at least one telling you about being aware of water ingress in the Swift Kon leaky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, so you're from Bedfordshire too, there really aren't we seem to be driving up to Nottingham! Hope to be able to borrow a van to make it Shepton Mallet to see what's there as there weren't that many a Stratford

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes I have already heard about the swift kon leaky and that's why I thought I would get some advice, looked at a 2003 model yesterday and it was immaculate, we did check for damp and couldn't see or smell any

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hello :welc:

You can't check for damp properly with just your eyes and nose. If you are planning to purchase privately you need to either invest in a decent damp meter and learn how and where to use it or you need to pay for a proper habitation report.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hi, so you're from Bedfordshire too, there really aren't we seem to be driving up to Nottingham! Hope to be able to borrow a van to make it Shepton Mallet to see what's there as there weren't that many a Stratford

We got our van from Elite in Oxon - good service from them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back