Midsummer Music and Motorhome Show? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

We had a wonderful time at the above show last year, I think it was in Lincoln, but there does not seem to be any mention of the event on this year's calender?

Does anyone know if it is on this year or not??

Ginny

N

Niner Zulu

Deleted User
The Lincoln Show has moved to the weekend of 25 - 27 September and is now no longer about "Music" !

I too was looking forward , but shall not be bothering to go now.

I was also looking forward to the York Show last year and had attended every one since inception.

This year I was a bit hacked off with some of the attitudes and declining standards of some of the "newer" generation "punters" at Peterborough.

So, unless things change, I for one shall not bother attending the shows anymore !

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Declining standards??? could you elaborate on that please.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
jinney this is the like for show

FANTASTIC WEEKEND OF ENTERTAINMENT

FOR ALL MUSIC LOVERS
The Motorhome Show, Season Finale is proud to present a weekend of music entertainment for your enjoyment. With three different halls, we're sure there will be something for everyone.

EVENING ENTERTAINMENT – Campers only

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
ginney this is the link to show Link Removed

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
This year I was a bit hacked off with some of the attitudes and declining standards of some of the "newer" generation "punters" at Peterborough.

So, unless things change, I for one shall not bother attending the shows anymore !

wow the haganaps really made an impression then :ROFLMAO:

Gretta Ryan

Free Member
Apr 10, 2009
Funster No
The Midsummer Music Show was part of the Warners show season and their season of shows has been changed this year. The Northern Motorcaravan Show now takes place in July (moved from September) at Pickering, The Western Motorhome Show takes place in August and The Motorhome Show takes place in Lincoln. If you want information on Warners shows, then if you call 01778 391123 and ask for Showgoer, it will be posted free of charge to you twice a year.

N

Niner Zulu

Deleted User
Declining standards??? could you elaborate on that please.

Olley

Of course - As I mentioned, I have been to every York Show since inception, and all the others at least twice, with Peterborough about 8 times. In all that time, I have never seen or heard any aggravation between campers, they have always been polite, sometimes firm in response, but never outrightly rude, or aggressive I have always found this to be a great attribute of the fraternity.

Of course, with the very nature of our hobby, we have all sorts of people involved in it, but by it's very nature it tends to be a favourite with the "older" generation, and by default some of those are "disabled", in some cases these people bring younger disabled family with them because they know it is a "safe" environment, it is a natural and welcome phenomena.

You must also know that I am not disabled in any way, I am single, and a bit of a loner, so I always enjoyed the camraderie and easy chat at the shows.

Over the past few years, I have noticed that campers are becoming more intolerant to each other at these shows.

The latest example was at Peterborough this year on the evening of the Friday Show. I went into the show early, bought a drink, and found a seat, out of the way, and made myself comfortable. The place filled up, and my table with six seats, remained empty apart from myself. An couple about my age, came in with a disabled daughter in a wheelchair. They asked if they could join me and placed the wheelchair at the end of the table in a position where the occupant could see the show, this left three spare seats at the table.

When the show started, the official at the fire exit, next to me, had occassion to ask people to move away to keep the exit clear, all did with no argument, finding seats or standing elsewhere.

Then one young couple came in and looked at the wheelchair and pointedly turned their back on it and stood in front of it so the occupant could not see. Since it was nothing to do with me, I didn't say anything and waited to see if they moved, they didn't. The Man who was accompanying the wheelchair, got up and politely pointed out that the couple were standing in front of a wheelchair and the occupant couldn't see. Both turned around, looked at the occupant, and turned back to watch the show.
The man accompanying the wheelchair, sat down, and looked at me. I, to my shame still didn't do anything. The man got up again and pointed out that all the couple had to do was move one foot to the left or right. They, said something to him, and he sat down but they still didn't move. Eventually, I was so embarrassed that I got up and, politely told them that the wheelchair had been placed where it was so the occupant could watch the show, they had come in good time to select the spot, there was plenty of room still, and indeed if they so wished, they could sit at our table, I was told to go away in short sharp jerky movements. By which time the official from the emergency exit, came across, and told them to move on as they were blocking the exit. They also gave her a mouthful, but moved on.
I later saw the couple at the bar as I approached to get another drink, they were having an argument with an old gentleman with a walking stick. They saw me coming and walked away!

They were just there to annoy others. I saw similar incidents last year too, but I have only seen it happen at Peterborough.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Im not saying what you witnessed is right.

But you are wrong to attribute that behaviour to anything to do with motorhoming and motorhome shows. That i'm afraid is much NOT ALL but much to do with society. If decent people stop going it just creates more room for that type:Blush::Angry:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I agree with Haganap, a sad reflection on society in general. Thankfully it is not the norm amongst the motorhoming fraternity.

N

Niner Zulu

Deleted User
Im not saying what you witnessed is right.

But you are wrong to attribute that behaviour to anything to do with motorhoming and motorhome shows. That i'm afraid is much NOT ALL but much to do with society. If decent people stop going it just creates more room for that type:Blush::Angry:

That is exactly the point I am making ........... in the case that I mentioned and the other occurrences, the incidents were in the evening at the "entertainment", which is when "only campers" have access.

This sort of thing rarely happened five and more years ago, but has happened a lot more often in recent years, the younger people coming into the fraternity are bringing their problems with them, rather than leaving them behind, which rather destroys the point of getting away, for the rest of us.

I am aware of the problems in society today, and it is up to us, to maintain standards, by example. "The Fraternity" is in an ideal position to do this. I am embarrassed that I did not get involved quicker .... but then I would have been the agressor !

I am big enough, ugly enough, and capeable enough to fight as an agressor*, but choose not to, especially since, my weekends away are intended as a break away from that sort of environment.

We all need to remember that we get the society we deserve, unfortunately we have screwed up in the outside world, but that does not mean that we cannot preserve some sort of decency within our own fraternity.

* as evidenced when the couple were acosting the old guy with the walking stick and did a runner when I approached !:Eeek:

N

Niner Zulu

Deleted User
I agree with Haganap, a sad reflection on society in general. Thankfully it is not the norm amongst the motorhoming fraternity.

As mentioned above in response to "haganap", all the evidence points to the people involved being "campers", due to the fact that they were at a function only open to "campers".

I am not saying they were specifically "motorcaravanners" nor, indeed, the enemy, "caravanners", they could have been in tents. I don't claim to know for definate.

I have been a member of a variety of clubs in my motorcaravanning life (since 1984), and have met some very nice people, some very weird people, but all have been respectful of others feelings, and if they have upset someone they have always been happy to at least apologise / try to put things right.

I take the point that you state "it is not the norm", I merely bring this all up to highlight the problem and that if we don't keep an eye on things it could become even more common.

I do not claim to know what the answer is.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back