LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Earlier this year I posted Broken Link Removed about our 3 week trip in May/June.

Today we have returned from a 4 week trip staying at 9 THSs/Rallies, 4 organised by C&CC groups and 5 by MCC groups, which gave us even better value in terms of camping fees.

30 nights away for the grand total of £226.50, an average of only £7.55 a night, and not one of them had to be booked in advance.

Once again all were within easy walking distance of public transport and/or local amenities (though lack of a footpath from Stow on the Wold RUFC for most of the way into Stow made for an interesting walk at times :)).

Brilliant (y)(y)(y)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Hi Graham, just give supertractordave a call...he'll be over with the bus shortly.

Allen

Reactions: GJH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Graham.. sounds good,

have never used THSs .. was thinking on rejoining the C&CC to try them out..

when and how long do they normally open for .. ?

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We'll be at Wrenbury.
We won't, I'm afraid, Allen. Several home duties having just been away so long.
Hi Graham.. sounds good,

have never used THSs .. was thinking on rejoining the C&CC to try them out..

when and how long do they normally open for .. ?
Most take place during the March to September/October period Jim. They vary in length from around 5 days or so to 28 days (though some last a couple of months so are presumably run by different sections at the same site concurrently to comply with the law). See Here.

We find them especially useful when visiting a particular region (as we did on our 3 and 4 week trips) because they cover the midweek periods where most rallies/meets are confined to weekends.
In many cases you register your details on arrival but pay just before leaving - which means that if you want to move on sooner than originally intended because you don't like a place you aren't stuck with having paid.

We joined the Motor Caravan Section as well so I think the C&CC membership costs us just under 50 quid a year and MCC is (I think) £33. I've saved a fair bit of the C&CC membership this year in discounts from Mountain Warehouse (15% for C&CC members) quite apart from the low costs of overnight stops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Jim,
THS's can be anything from a week to 60 days. This months magazine is listing some through to January 2016. Usually about £8 a night but varies from £5 to £10.
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/magazine/
then 'Out & About'
From our experience we recouped the cost of membership in about five nights with the difference in overnight costs

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We stayed at York RFC Ths with C&CC. They told us that York was the only one open for 60 days. It got around the regs because it had been going for so long. £7 per night, lovely people and pleasant level walk into town or to @Jez and Lin house. Brilliant week for us.

Joined MCC yesterday, I'll save that story for its own thread.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We stayed at a THS at Lytham recently £8.50 a night enjoyed it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements